Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 06:50 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times

Advertisements

Omygosh, wurzig!!!! What a great friend you are!!

Old 03-16-2010, 03:09 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,530,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I had never even met this gal! I felt so sorry for her......she was in a lot of pain... I assume she's still in the hospital......I'll get an updated on her this evening....

I'm not into dogs either. I had one for almost 15 years, but that's different if it's your own dog. I know this one, but she is mostly German Shepherd.....not mean, but strong and playful....and she has a lot of red on her so she's unusual looking....pretty dog... At least she didn't eat me...... She loves tug of war (practically jerked my arms out of the sockets, but I had to yank toys out of her mouth and throw them so that she would get exercise and not tear up the house at night when I wasn't there), and I gave her meds in cheese, so she likes me now because she doesn't normally get cheese......hehe!

Old 03-16-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I love this icon, too. Glory's looks like I lost a nylon......haha!

Old 03-16-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Hey...the timeshare business can't be dying any faster than the newspaper business.

This is me saying GOODBYE as the kids drive off to their new place:

This is me enjoying the PEACE & QUIET!!!:

They told me how excited they were and that this was the best day of their life.
I was kinda thinking the same thing.....but I didn't say it.
They are having a party with friends tonight....I'm keeping Israel....which is always a pleasure for me.
Moving out and having a party on the same day? Wow! I'd be lining shelves and unpacking....exhausted.....

Babies are fun......they wear you out, but they are so curious......so innocent......so honest......so sweet....so giving of hugs and slobbery kisses.....

And, even if you don't realize it, keeping him makes sure that you remain in close contact with your daughter, so she......really......isn't.......gone......

Also, you have more than one kid...... With just one, there is no constant arguing, 'he hit me', 'he took my toy'......so we want to keep them around longer... But, with just one, there are other issues.....you play Candyland and play dough more because they are lonely...... An only child is babied longer, but at the same time, my kid could out argue a brick wall at a young age because she was mature and knew how to act like an adult because she was around them all the time.... I never spoke baby talk with her.....always complete sentences, too. Her first sentence, when she could barely pronounce words, was, 'Where's my daddy?'

Enjoy your quiet moments! I am glad for you!

Old 03-16-2010, 06:06 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,437,282 times
Default OK ... Here's my #1

Posted in the right place, and not the Got in the Mail thread.

I've seen him in concert twice, and both times my knees literally buckled when he came on stage. Just call me fan grrrrrrrrl!

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold.
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last.
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll.

And she's buying the stairway to heaven.

Hee

Old 03-16-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
My previous supervisor offered me a job with the company she went to work with. They handle the resale/closings of timeshares. Good money if you close the deal. I'm still kicking it around. I would like my own office................I would feel fancy.

You're a braver person than I am, Glory! Bravo to you for even considering! In this economy, I just hunker down and try not to make any waves in my life and make it to retirement.

Have you decided yet? Nosy people want to know

Old 03-16-2010, 06:21 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
This is a webcam of a hummingbird hatching eggs. It's fascinating. I've been watching it off an on for two days.

There were originally two eggs. A lizard got into the nest and almost got one (wow...exciting and frightening at the same time) -- but the mom came back just in time and chased him off. Then the mom took the egg that the lizard was trying to eat and hid it. She still hasnt brought it back.

Hummingbird Nest Cam - ustream.tv

Old 03-16-2010, 06:30 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Posted in the right place, and not the Got in the Mail thread.

I've seen him in concert twice, and both times my knees literally buckled when he came on stage. Just call me fan grrrrrrrrl!

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold.
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last.
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll.

And she's buying the stairway to heaven.

Hee
Did you see him when he was touring with Allison? I have some Blue Grass pals in SLO who adore him, too.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
This is a webcam
Webcams are so addicting that I can only look at them on weekends, LOL

Old 03-16-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Did you see him when he was touring with Allison? I have some Blue Grass pals in SLO who adore him, too.
No, watched every PBS show that they were on that I could find, though I think my neighbors heard me WHOOP when they won the Grammy.

Saw him in 1971 in LA as Led Zeppelin, and 1995 on the Plant/Page tour.

My only complaint - my idols should never get old. Or look old. Or become a Grandpa! Oh, the horror, LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff