Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2010, 05:34 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times

Advertisements

I feel like I have arthritis in a lot of areas today which is very unusual...
Omygosh, Wurzig, me too! Even my hands hurt. And, yes, I should have known better about the Latin keyboards...but whodathunk the keys would be mis-coded too? For example, above the "8" is the ( sign -- but if I try to use that key, what I get is *. To type (, I have to hit the "9" key, which has the symbol ) on it. Arghhh.

DKVA, what a lovely porch!! More photos, please!!!

Going back to bed now. (I've been there a lot of the day.) Hoping this arthritis-like feeling goes away soon.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:44 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,320,642 times
[quote=texasfirewheel;13376569]I feel like I have arthritis in a lot of areas today which is very unusual...
Omygosh, Wurzig, me too! Even my hands hurt. And, yes, I should have known better about the Latin keyboards...but whodathunk the keys would be mis-coded too? For example, above the "8" is the ( sign -- but if I try to use that key, what I get is *. To type (, I have to hit the "9" key, which has the symbol ) on it. Arghhh.

DKVA, what a lovely porch!! More photos, please!!!

Going back to bed now. (I've been there a lot of the day.) Hoping this arthritis-like feeling goes away soon.[/quoS
So sorry your not feeling well-any meds to help? Not that I'm pushing meds but sometimes you need them.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:58 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
DKVA......is that a picture of your porch??? What an absolutely beautiful spot!!
------------
I had a long day.....but a fun one.

Took the grandson to Chick Filet where they had a clown lady making cool balloon toys and painting faces. (He ended up as a pirate with a cool balloon sword). Then we went to WalMart to pick out a couple of new toys. The sand like clay dough stuff is interesting. You can pack it down and it makes a shape....then turns back into sand. (Not the kind you put in the water....the dry stuff). We watched Hercules DVD and ate cheese popcorn. I let him take a bath with a cup of ice cubes (not messy and kids like it)..............and now he's asleep.

He told me my feet were scratchy.....so I guess I better get some new foot lotion.

Hope you are feeling better Wurzig!! Maybe this will cheer you up......

Old 03-20-2010, 10:11 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
I'm back up again for a few minutes. Glory, I meant to comment on that impressive icon in your post about my keyboards. You continue to amaze me with your use of icons!

Even though my hands and all other joints are hurting a lot today, I'm not sneezing at all like I used to (especially in my computer room). So it looks like having the ducts and unit cleaned were worth the $$$. I had considered just having the ducts cleaned, which is much less costly and can be done by a number of companies. But I'm glad I decided on having the unit cleaned too.

I do have some pills for pain. They were prescribed after my stroke and are specifically for after-stroke-pain that is more common than people realize. They help with my arthritis and, while I'm not opposed at all to taking pills, I take so many every day that sometimes I just get tired of meds.

As lovely as yesterday was, today has been rainy and cold. The temp has been dropping and is 34 now...supposed to be below freezing for the temp low tomorrow too.

Last edited by TFW46; 03-20-2010 at 10:31 PM..

Old 03-20-2010, 11:34 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post

As lovely as yesterday was, today has been rainy and cold. The temp has been dropping and is 34 now...supposed to be below freezing for the temp low tomorrow too.
It's snowing here in the DFW area. Even my finger joints hurt and I don't have arthritis.

I hope your are feeling better real soon. The humidity coupled with the low temp in Houston has got to be hell on you. Keep warm and take good care, texasfirewheel.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:23 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
Cold- in the 40's- cloudy day. Bought some wildflower seeds for a space in between the grass and woods.

Today is the first day of spring! Doesn't feel like it. Everything still brown, although the grass is just starting to green up. This is what I'm waiting for.
OMG!!! Put the coffee on, I'm on my way!What a beautiful view! I can't wait until my stuff turns all green again. The wildflowers are being taken over by the weeds. I swear, with my brown thumb I am going to start pampering all my weeds and see if I can kill them.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:45 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
To celebrate the first day of spring and to save our marriage ( I have cabin fever soooo bad) we decide to go camper shopping today...

The day starts off with a bang, and I mean a real bang. A bolt of lightning strikes right at 6:30 so loud and with such force I have to check the ceiling for pee stains!!

After coffee, breakfast and a shower which includes washing my hair ( which is no easy trick these days with on the use of one arm) we head off for a day of fun and adventure...

IT WAS SO WINDY I ALMOST BLEW AWAY!!!!!!!!! OK, not really but still it was awful. So much for my hair.

There is a Class C motor home I have been watching online so we decide to go check it out ( 1997 Georgie Boy Maverick 29GTW Extra CLean (http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/rvs/1643676559.html - broken link) . We get there and this thing is so nasty and small. He must have really photo shopped the pics. The "bathtub " is hardly big enough to stand in and OMG, the fridge!! When we opened it I thought I was going to hurl right then and there!!

Anyway, we just drove around the rest of day looking at newer ones and older ones. I have decided I REALLY want a class c now but they are so expensive. Maybe in a few years.. ( sob, sob)

Old 03-21-2010, 11:06 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
I lived in two Class B's - a 14" Ford Econoline Van Conversion, and a 19" Ford Falcon (now called Horizon). The Econoline had no bathroom to speak of, just a porta-pottie with a curtain, but the Falcon was fully equipped with a toilet, sink and very small tub. It was so small that we just used it for storage.

The Falcon came from the Auto Trader, which is also where I bought my minivan from. I don't know if they have them where you are, but they have separate issues for RVs. You can buy them at 7-11 stores.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:30 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
I would love to retire in an RV, but as both of you pointed out....without the big bucks it's hard to afford one you could live in full time. Have you seen those million dollar ones.....Oh GOOD LORD they are beautiful!!!!

I finally used the Olay bath sample. It smelled so good!! Great stuff!

Old 03-21-2010, 04:07 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,320,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
DKVA......is that a picture of your porch??? What an absolutely beautiful spot!!
------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
OMG!!! Put the coffee on, I'm on my way!What a beautiful view! I can't wait until my stuff turns all green again. The wildflowers are being taken over by the weeds. I swear, with my brown thumb I am going to start pampering all my weeds and see if I can kill them.
Yes-that view is off my kitchen-we call it our tree house. It's amazing how now we can see a neighbor way behind us but in a few months it will be a sea of green! In the summer when it really hot it can fell a little stifling.

Camper come on up & over! Don't forgot my picture of your Bluebells!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff