Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 10:43 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
When you have an injury, it hurts like hell......

My girl was one of the top swimmers in a school with over 3,000 kids......she always won....very strong... At the end of her sophomore year, she tore both of them during a race, one worse than the other....that ended her swimming career..... We spent all junior year in physical therapy trying to avoid an operation...... When she raises her arms above her head, (say, to get something off of a shelf), she has to do it slowly and a certain way in order not to cause more pain......for the rest of her life.....

Before the p/t, she went for various testing......I think it was an MRI that day.....they stuck a huge needle in her shoulder in order to insert some dye......it paralyzed it.....afterwards, she couldn't even reach over to buckle her seat belt or take her bra off for a few days...I had to wash her hair for her in the shower....it was unbelievable....her arm just kinda 'hung' at her side..... Both were injured, but they only did one at a time......we soon found out why since she couldn't even move her arm afterwards... My kid is so brave with doctor stuff.....but it just about killed me.....
But she's better now??

Old 03-30-2010, 11:33 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Holy smokes! Were you with anybody when you fell?
No, I live alone. When I came to, I couldnt remember how to get up... I really couldnt recall what physical actions I needed to take to go from lying down to sitting or standing. I had been leaning over to pick up the telephone when I passed out (from blockage to the brain) so, while lying on the floor, I reached for the telephone, which had fallen to the floor, and speed-dialed my neighbor to come over. All I wanted was help in figuring out how to get up but she took me to the E.R.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:22 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
It's the thing that make your arm go round, arm go round, thing that makes your arm go round... wait, that's a song.
Soooooo.....how do you itch stuff?

-
-------------
The Little Toaster.....what a great kid movie!! Think I'll see if I can't find that one online to buy for him. He would LOVE it. Such a great Easter present. Thanks for reminding me of that one!!

Took the kids out to a late lunch today. They both told me it was 'too stressful' to be adults and they didn't realize how much I did until they had to worry about the bills and doing all the cleaning. I guess my Dad was right. The best thing is to sometimes stand back and let them wobble a bit.

I did end up buying them some food and snacks since the pantry was bare until they both got paid on Friday.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Soooooo.....how do you itch stuff?

-
-------------
The Little Toaster.....what a great kid movie!! Think I'll see if I can't find that one online to buy for him. He would LOVE it. Such a great Easter present. Thanks for reminding me of that one!!

Took the kids out to a late lunch today. They both told me it was 'too stressful' to be adults and they didn't realize how much I did until they had to worry about the bills and doing all the cleaning. I guess my Dad was right. The best thing is to sometimes stand back and let them wobble a bit.

I did end up buying them some food and snacks since the pantry was bare until they both got paid on Friday.
I itch just fine...it's the scratching that's hard! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!! I couldn't resist that one. ( hubby said be glad it's not your right arm or you'd be in trouble in the potty!!)

I was one of those that moved out the same day I graduated high school . On more than one occasion I would find little hidden treasures in my laundry after a trip to my moms to use her washer and dryer. Every year for birthday and Christmas she would give me a "care package" filled with shampoo, toothpaste, tp, feminine stuff, you name it and she would throw it in there. She would work on it all year so it didn't cost her that much but saved me on more than one occasion. I've told my daughter this story and she cant wait for her packages.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:30 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,321,336 times
Quote:
I fell a few years back and it's bothered me on and off. I don't think anyone really knows anything about anything anymore.... I have build up and sometimes when they remove it, it leaves a hole that messes with the cuff . He said he will just have to see when he gets there.

I get the shots but they don't last and it just HURTS all the time now. I welcome the surgery, just not the recovery. But that's ok, nothing will keep me down for long.
Happy for you as long as this is your solution-hopefully the surgery will bring relief from your pain-just remember to keep up with the physical therapy.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:52 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Quote:
What a great day I had today! Went to an Ortho doctor and I get to have surgery on my shoulder. Yea for me! Can't use the silly thing the way it may as well go ahead and give this a shot. I just better heal before it's lake time or I'm going to be really bummed. I have jet skiing and kayaking to do.
Just imagine how great you are going to feel eventually. My right shoulder pops out of joint from time to time and I know how much that hurts. Your situation must be so much more painful. I'm glad it will be taken care of.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:54 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:

I was one of those that moved out the same day I graduated high school . On more than one occasion I would find little hidden treasures in my laundry after a trip to my moms to use her washer and dryer. Every year for birthday and Christmas she would give me a "care package" filled with shampoo, toothpaste, tp, feminine stuff, you name it and she would throw it in there. She would work on it all year so it didn't cost her that much but saved me on more than one occasion. I've told my daughter this story and she cant wait for her packages.
You could make her a big Freebie Basket full of samples of everything.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
Happy for you as long as this is your solution-hopefully the surgery will bring relief from your pain-just remember to keep up with the physical therapy.
That pain anyway.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
You could make her a big Freebie Basket full of samples of everything.
Tampons in the Easter basket for sure.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:05 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,530,288 times
Quote:
But she's better now??
She's better than she was......she does not swim competetively anymore.....in fact, it's hard to get her into a pool..... It wil be with her for the rest of her life.....a weak part on her body.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff