Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 01:21 PM

137 posts, read 313,733 times

Advertisements

As a new resident to the area, I am looking for a good butcher shop/meat market near Dover. It doesn't have to be kosher, although that would be a plus.

I have heard of Haas west of town. If anyone shops there or is familiar with it, how is the quality?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 03:27 PM

9,725 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddollar View Post
As a new resident to the area, I am looking for a good butcher shop/meat market near Dover. It doesn't have to be kosher, although that would be a plus.
I have heard of Haas west of town. If anyone shops there or is familiar with it, how is the quality?
Thanks!
Hi sanddollar! Welcome!
Haas' Butcher Shop is good, and has been there for years. Formerly, West Dover Butcher Shop, lots of people have remained loyal customers. Our newcomer friends who've moved here, really like Haas'. One couple having moved here invited us over for Haas' steaks, grilled to perfection and they were absolutely delicious.

Closer to you would be, Witt Brothers Market in the Town of Wyoming, on Camden-Wyoming Avenue (going west) and before the railroad tracks. Steaks, chops, and roasts are cut to order, while you watch. Excellent! They even carry your groceries to your car, if you wish. It's a friendly, old fashioned, atmosphere.

Also about the same distance is Spence's Bazaar - the red brick building. It's an Amish country deli/meat market. We go to either one of these because they are good, and closer to us. Spence's Bazaar is open Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday.

Hope you like one of those!
Good Luck!

Old 10-19-2010, 06:20 AM

445 posts, read 1,436,229 times
Witt Bros is the choice for me. Try their boneless chicken breast and you will be a customer for life. Aged beef and they know how to make great 90% lean hamburger. Whatever their chuck to ?? mix is I love it.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:26 AM

Thanks for the info. I will try all of them.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:41 PM

Just a quick update on meat markets -- I went to the Amish one at the Spence's Bazaar on Friday. They had a pretty good selection of cooked meats, too. I picked up a rolled pork loin with a cranberry and apple stuffing. Had some good friends over for dinner and served it Saturday. Yummy!

Next I may go find Haas and try them out.

Ah, the joys of discovering new places to shop after a move to a new home.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:50 AM

293 posts, read 590,465 times
Smile Butcher Shops

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Hi sanddollar! Welcome!
Haas' Butcher Shop is good, and has been there for years. Formerly, West Dover Butcher Shop, lots of people have remained loyal customers. Our newcomer friends who've moved here, really like Haas'. One couple having moved here invited us over for Haas' steaks, grilled to perfection and they were absolutely delicious.

Closer to you would be, Witt Brothers Market in the Town of Wyoming, on Camden-Wyoming Avenue (going west) and before the railroad tracks. Steaks, chops, and roasts are cut to order, while you watch. Excellent! They even carry your groceries to your car, if you wish. It's a friendly, old fashioned, atmosphere.

Also about the same distance is Spence's Bazaar - the red brick building. It's an Amish country deli/meat market. We go to either one of these because they are good, and closer to us. Spence's Bazaar is open Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday.

Hope you like one of those!
Good Luck!
rdlr You always have such great advice and information on Delaware.Ive learned alot from you,Thank you

Last edited by NJVillasOutsider; 10-26-2010 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-26-2010, 03:07 PM

9,725 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJVillasOutsider View Post
rdlr You always have such great advice and information on Delaware.Ive learned alot from you,Thank you
You are welcome, NJVillasOutsider! It's my pleasure! I'm especially glad this info is helpful to you. Let me know when you are moving here, and I'll roll out the red carpet, you can be sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware