Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 08:16 AM

9,729 posts, read 14,277,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
Bethany/Ocean View area is loaded with places to kayak, bike and hike....throw a stone, hit a state park, inland bays, or trails.

Salt Pond in Bethany has a golf course and is right next to Delaware Seashore--Fresh Pond State Park. They also have their own kayak launch. Bear Trap in Ocean View has a golf course and is close to many parks. Bethany Bay has a golf course, kayak launch, and its own trails. I live here year-round, and I am an avid runner, hiker, bicyclist, and kayaker. I always find an adventure in our nearby parks, wildlife refuge, and trails. Heck, they are building even more trails along the Assawoman Canal. There are many runners, kayakers, and bicyclists here. In fact, I live here because of the proximity to great biking trails and top notch state parks along with all the waterways to kayak.
Liz, we take things for granted here, don't we? We have the advantage being locals/natives of Delaware. With you living in the beach area and knowing the area like the back of your hand, and me running down there every other day, from Kent County, to work in all those beach communities, we could write a book and make lots of money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 09:26 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,579,814 times
Oops, wrong state....

Last edited by Litefoot; 12-12-2014 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: delete poost

Old 12-12-2014, 05:35 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,915,019 times
Rdlr---I DO think we could write books!!! So true! I try to always remind myself of how lucky I am to live in such a desirable area. Parks, trails, beach, bay, great restaurants, fun events and festivities....I could go on and on. I think I'd truly be lost if I didn't live here. Ocean View/Bethany never gets old. I just have to keep reminding myself why I love it here when I'm sitting in traffic all summer or dealing with route 26 roadwork . But hey, gotta take the good with the bad and if that's the worst part about living here...then I'm doing pretty darn good .

Old 12-13-2014, 04:51 AM

16 posts, read 29,135 times
Curious what are views of people living at the Peninsula?
I keep coming back to the golf and nature it has to offer.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:43 AM

13,058 posts, read 18,141,425 times
Do your homework. The club house which has been a sore point for years has finally come to planning for groundbreaking in the late summer -early fall of 2015. Clubhouse drama rolls on at The Peninsula.

Schell has taken it over but due diligence is a must before you go ahead. It is a pretty site but for us, too far off the beaten path.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:58 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,194,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Do your homework. The club house which has been a sore point for years has finally come to planning for groundbreaking in the late summer -early fall of 2015. Clubhouse drama rolls on at The Peninsula.

Schell has taken it over but due diligence is a must before you go ahead. It is a pretty site but for us, too far off the beaten path.

That may be the best thing about it.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Thanks for that, I saw the issues forms a few years ago but assumed it was cleared up.

Old 12-13-2014, 01:27 PM

13,058 posts, read 18,141,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuhouse View Post
Thanks for that, I saw the issues forms a few years ago but assumed it was cleared up.

Schell builds a nice product for sure, and I have been here two almost 2 years so things have changed in that time. I would most definitely look at the place as it really is very nice. But go in with eyes wide open as I said. Walk around and talk to people and get the sentiments of the residents. Also, here is an MLS link in case you don't have it already.

http://idp.scaor.safemls.net/idp/Authn/UserPassword

Just click on the public section on the right side. You can select communities on page 2 advanced search at the bottom lower left . I tried to post the Peninsula for sale listings but it wouldn't allow the link. Simply select Peninsula in community.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Schell builds a nice product for sure, and I have been here two almost 2 years so things have changed in that time. I would most definitely look at the place as it really is very nice. But go in with eyes wide open as I said. Walk around and talk to people and get the sentiments of the residents. Also, here is an MLS link in case you don't have it already.

SafeMLS® Error

Just click on the public section on the right side. You can select communities on page 2 advanced search at the bottom lower left . I tried to post the Peninsula for sale listings but it wouldn't allow the link. Simply select Peninsula in community.
Nuts2uiam. You may have said this but what community are you in if you don't mind me asking?

Old 12-19-2014, 07:59 AM

388 posts, read 999,197 times
Good morning, schuhouse,

You might want to consider Champions' Club, a 55+ community in Magnolia, 4 or 5 miles south of Dover. While not a golf community per se, it is right next door to Jonathan's Landing, a public course. Many of the residents golf there avidly and we even have an annual CC outing complete with luncheon and prizes! Also we are a stone's throw from the St Jones River where kayaking is prominent along with fishing and outings sponsored by the DE Natural Resources Dept. Look into it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware