Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 04:52 PM

9,725 posts, read 14,269,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
P.S. And yes, I still have the recipe for musrat. I have no intention of either making it, or ordering it, or eating it ... but I am keeping the recipe.
What a relief! You spelled musrat, right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 04:56 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
What a relief! You spelled musrat, right!
I'm learning. If I'm gonna live below the ditch, I better get it right!

Old 04-28-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
I'm learning. If I'm gonna live below the ditch, I better get it right!
Looks like I taught you something, along the way! You've made my day!

Old 04-28-2008, 05:19 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
Looks like I taught you something, along the way! You've made my day!
That's sweet. I have been telling you all along that you've been very instructive with the information you've provided.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:06 PM

243 posts, read 915,025 times
I hope, now that we have purchased a home, we aren't going to have a problem with native Delawareans. You have all been so nice and helpful on the message boards. Everyone we have met during our visit was very pleasant. I would hate to think it was all a facade. We are looking forward to a great life in a slower atmosphere and not only expect cultural changes but welcome them with open arms. We want our children to grow up with a better quality of life, without all the distractions. I hope you all will show me, through your posts, that we aren't making a mistake.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:13 PM

64 posts, read 141,385 times
nope, i said it before, Delaware is great!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:30 PM

81 posts, read 492,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movn2del View Post
I hope, now that we have purchased a home, we aren't going to have a problem with native Delawareans. You have all been so nice and helpful on the message boards. Everyone we have met during our visit was very pleasant. I would hate to think it was all a facade. We are looking forward to a great life in a slower atmosphere and not only expect cultural changes but welcome them with open arms. We want our children to grow up with a better quality of life, without all the distractions. I hope you all will show me, through your posts, that we aren't making a mistake.
Watch out for them injuns. Now that you'uns got your wagons in a circle

Old 04-28-2008, 06:37 PM

243 posts, read 915,025 times
LOL! Not my family. Right in there with the injuns. No cookie-cutter house for us! We wanted prettier.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:38 PM

81 posts, read 492,182 times
I think by and far that the locals down here in slower, lower are very nice. We are a kinder, gentler folk that normally mind our own business.

I know when I moved to Kent County for a while back in 1983 it was a culture shock to me. No one spoke to me in the supermarket, no one waved from the cars, no one smiled in the malls. I was used to that, still am. Whenever I see someone walking down the street, I say "Hey, how ya doing?"...always. My best friend who lives in Dover has never gotten over me doing that. It's just how I was raised. If I see a tractor I wave at the farmer...he brings me my fresh fruits and veggies. When a funeral procession is coming towards me I pull over to the side of the road in respect.

You see, it ain't all about me. I think that's what I've noticed about some of the folks that move here...they push and shove and tailgait like their butts are on fire. That ain't no way to act, not to anyone.

All we do is respect you, all we want is respect from you. That is the one thing that is probably the same way anywhere. It all goes back to the Golden Rule.

And it doesn't hurt to say ma'am and sir...it's just respect.

Just my .02, fwiw.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movn2del View Post
I think you'll be fine, movn2del.

Moderator cut: edit

Please don't think you must be wary of locals There aren't that many of us here! And, you reap what you sow.

Last edited by christina0001; 05-01-2008 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: personal attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware