Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 03:56 PM

604 posts, read 2,011,786 times

Advertisements

If the forum is about Delaware - meaning info about moving to Delaware - what is the sour-grapes attitude about "what is not great about Delaware" all about?

Most of the new posters are asking about moving to Delaware because of new job or transfer ... they are not aimlessly taking a dart shot (or shot in the dark) to see if they should move to Delaware willy-nilly. So it is perplexing to see threads like this where some purposeless dumping takes place!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 05:47 AM

2 posts, read 4,770 times
Wink Boondocks!

I LOVE BOONDOCKS!! It's one of my favorite restaurants.. I live down in Seaford, but my mom and step dad used to live in Smyrna and we went there quite a bit.. AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
"Boondocks" caught my eye!
East of Smyrna, about 3 miles, The Boondocks! Crabs, shrimp, buckets of hodge podge, and 'other'........
So glad you love it here in Delaware!

Old 03-04-2009, 10:48 AM

177 posts, read 687,338 times
I don't get it either!

Old 03-10-2009, 12:04 PM

13 posts, read 48,902 times
We chose to move here for our daughter. The school she was attending in PA was horrible. Delaware has a great autism program and she is thriving. Also my husbands family has a beach house here so for us we were used to coming and we love it.
I have found Sussex County to be very welcoming. We have found a great church family and I love our neighbors.
There is so much to do here. I don't regret moving here at all.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:13 AM

488 posts, read 1,025,594 times
Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RehobothBeachDela_where View Post
I don't get it either!
i got it! welcome back!

Old 03-26-2009, 11:53 PM

107 posts, read 307,575 times
We moved here for the house pricing and low property taxes. We moved from Maryland which would have made it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to own our first home, not to mention one we enjoy as much as this one! Oh, and as far as Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.......way too far away from friends, family and of course THE BEACH!! I've enjoyed living here so far, what's so bad about Delaware anyway?

Old 03-27-2009, 05:03 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,982,359 times
Just to be objective, Texas has a very long coastline and the waters of the Gulf of Mexico are far warmer than the Atlantic. The beaches of South Padre Island are a national Spring Break destination, while in the mid-summer stepping into the water there is like getting into a warm bath -- no shivers or shock at all. Anyone who lives in the central or southern parts of the state - including Houston, Galveston, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, and even Austin - isn't excessively far from the beaches.

Yes, DE has much to commend it, but so do other places. At the end of the day, regional preference, proximity to family (or distance from them!), and individual economic/financial considerations are among the factors that determine what's the best place to live for particular individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware