Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 03:29 PM

392 posts, read 990,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Glad your enjoying the exchange Carole cuz I know I am.
Laugh long and hard and live longer.........my motto
yep! I sure am enjoying the exchange...everytime I look at your reply I start laughing.........LOL...

I'll be anxious to hear your beach report since you said you're going to CH tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 03:55 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
Just a reminder to please use the Off-Topic thread for chatting. Thank you.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:29 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
yep! I sure am enjoying the exchange...everytime I look at your reply I start laughing.........LOL...

I'll be anxious to hear your beach report since you said you're going to CH tomorrow.

OH I see we got a message from the Christina. I forgot we were not in the off topic.
I will definately have a full report in the off topic for you Carole. Supposed to be a hot one.
meet ya in the off topic

Old 07-03-2008, 08:46 AM

6 posts, read 22,253 times
Hi Stephdetroit:

We just moved here from NJ last August. Very nice new development, alot of children. We have a five bedroom home 3 baths 2 half baths, all amenities. We would gladly show you around if you like, or if you have any questions you can ask.

Cindy

Old 07-03-2008, 08:18 PM

243 posts, read 914,826 times
We haven't moved in yet, but we are purchasing a home in Kent County. A town named Frederica. We visited the area, looked at the schools, met with the Superintendants of 2 districts we were looking at. We found that you can't go by State Test Scores, necessarily. You need to know your own children and what they require for services, if any and find the schools that offer what you want. Where to live, you need to know what you are looking for. Suggestions-Look for homes on the internet in all towns, look for schools and call them, find what religious needs are in the area. Do you want a neighborhood, a community, a lot of land. These are all questions only you can answer. When you answer them all, you can narrow down your search. I know Hubby and I put a lot of research into our hunt. We also visited the area because seeing is believing. We had a very clear view of what we wanted before we visited. I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:28 PM

55 posts, read 182,165 times
This area is very useful. I sure will be able to use someone like rdlr when I get closer to moving to Delaware. I was in Delaware for a week recently and really liked Magnolia and Camden - the proximity to Route 13, the shopping, and Dover Downs. Earlier that week I was in Dewey Beach/Lewes area and seemed like not as convenient an area though the beaches and boardwalk were great. Eileen in CT

Old 08-16-2008, 09:10 PM

2 posts, read 4,635 times
Since you will be working in Dover, you may want to check out Clearview Meadow. It is right in Dover. It is a new community and they are going to have ammenities. The elementary school is right across the street. I have met several of the people who live there since I started looking and they are very happy. It is close to everything and it is quite. They have single homes there also, I visited one of the builders other neighborhoods to look at one that we liked. It was extremly nice. I also researched the builders, (this isn't my first new home) there are a few around there that I wouldn't build with if they were the last ones around. I suggest go to bbb.org and research the builders. I wouldn't by pass this neighborhood, if you haven't already found something. Good Luck.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:50 AM

15 posts, read 58,984 times
I live in one of the older homes on State Street and love it. Anywhere you live, be careful and check out the crime reports. If you are looking for colonial homes, you may also want to check Camden. A few beauties are for sale there. In downtown Dover you will find a Victorian district. It spans a couple blocks of State Street. The rest of State Street is really made up of homes from the 1920's. Mine was finished in 1928. I don't know of any colonial homes for sale right now in the city, but you could always check the local real estate brokers. Maybe you'd have some luck finding an historic home outside city limits.

Keep us posted.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:30 PM

348 posts, read 1,051,520 times
Growing up in Dayton OH, I am glad to give you few tips.

Since your kids' age are below 10 years old, I could recommend the Ceaser Rodney school district.

However, suppose if your children happen to be teenagers by now, better enroll them in the Cape Henelopen School District.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:31 AM

42 posts, read 185,234 times
wish you good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware