Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 11:38 AM

5 posts, read 8,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post
These attitudes you might think are "southern" are normal small town attitudes that you will find in ANY small town across the USA. If I made the choice to marry across race, I would take the responsibility in moving out of a small town to a suburb or city. There is a good reason you won't see a gay neighborhood in any small towns which aren't resorts - intolerance. Small town people are not used to minorities, I hate to say.

My friend (black) has a biracial daughter. Funny enough, she hasn't run into A BIT of trouble fitting into social circles, shopping, or eating at restaurants. The kid is many shades lighter than her, got accepted to a private school's kinder care, and is popular in her class with both her teacher and fellow students.

Also, Oddly enough, thousands and thousands of homosexuals flock to the southern part of the state in the summer to Rehoboth, walk hand-in-hand, kiss in public, and carry out their lives. This wouldn't happen in the south, hands down... and this is in the southernmost part of the state.

Exactly where do you live now, and exactly where do you plan to move to in Colorado?

You're doing a good of defending place I must say, but I don't have the good fortune of being around open-minded people. Also, I would like to thank you for informing me that my husband and I have no one else but ourselves to blame for the way we've been treated.

Dr. Laura would be proud.

Fact: There are gay bigots! GASP! So the Rehoboth argument doesn't work.

It's none of your business where we live now. All that matter is that we are leaving. It's really doesn't matter where we're going to live in Colorado. We're taking back control of our lives. That's all that matters.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:51 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,795,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
I am speaking only of the data that is contained in this message.

This data is insulting, illogical and incorrect.

Fattest? Mississippi is the winner. Delaware is #20.

Fattest States 2010: CalorieLab's Annual Obesity Map - State Obesity Rankings

Most fast food chains? Kansas, followed by Missouri, Indiana, Michigan, Oregon and Virginia. Delaware is somewhere in the middle. I didn't bother doing the math.

Accents? I have yet hear of anyone from Delaware paaaking the caaar in the yaaard!

Compared to New England? Sure. So is Brooklyn! Is that the south too?

Ridiculous!
I couldn't help laughing when I saw the fat people comment, maybe because I'm not fat, or maybe because I've never heard that southern people are fat.Must be a kid or something.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:33 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,986,435 times
Seriously, empirical studies have shown that the cities with the fattest populations are in the South, including Texas. I think Mississippi is the winner of the fatty sweepstakes.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:46 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,795,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
Seriously, empirical studies have shown that the cities with the fattest populations are in the South, including Texas. I think Mississippi is the winner of the fatty sweepstakes.
I would think the fatties would be in the north, how in the hell can skinny people survive in the northern part of this country. I mean extra weight has to bring insulation right.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:42 PM

You don't read the newspaper or listen to mainstream radio/television news, right?

Old 12-09-2010, 05:53 PM

OK, here's one quickly googled reference: Mississippi Tops State Obesity Ranking

OK, Indiana is in the North/Midwest, but looks like the bulk of fatties are in the South. There is fat, and Fat, and FAT. Lots of fat people in England; many Fat people in the USA generally, loads of really FAT people in the American South and I'd agree you really do start to see a bunch of 'em in Rehoboth Beach during the summertime.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:34 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,656,319 times
Quote:
NYC ranked 5th fattest city in the USA, Chicago ranked 13. Southern states on average have higher "fat ratings" because they have more black people. It's just a fact that black people (especially women) are genetically heavier than white people, I see it everyday.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:36 PM

731 posts, read 1,369,005 times
Are you saying African Americans are fat because states with large black populations have high obesity?

Quote:
OK, here's one quickly googled reference: Mississippi Tops State Obesity Ranking

OK, Indiana is in the North/Midwest, but looks like the bulk of fatties are in the South. There is fat, and Fat, and FAT. Lots of fat people in England; many Fat people in the USA generally, loads of really FAT people in the American South and I'd agree you really do start to see a bunch of 'em in Rehoboth Beach during the summertime.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:39 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,417,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelived View Post
You're doing a good of defending place I must say, but I don't have the good fortune of being around open-minded people. Also, I would like to thank you for informing me that my husband and I have no one else but ourselves to blame for the way we've been treated.

Dr. Laura would be proud.

Fact: There are gay bigots! GASP! So the Rehoboth argument doesn't work.

It's none of your business where we live now. All that matter is that we are leaving. It's really doesn't matter where we're going to live in Colorado. We're taking back control of our lives. That's all that matters.
So, you're not in control of your lives, and that's because Delaware is a southern state? Ever played the shift the blame game? I bet you'd be good.

Also, why would you post on a city-data discussion forum, if you refuse to discuss your city?

Gay bigots? THESE are the people persecuting your family? What was your point with that remark?

Your comments don't hold water, and I'd think, if you wanted to criticize Delaware, that you would at least discuss the part of Delaware in which you live.

Let us know if you need help moving early - we don't want you to suffer any more. Utopia awaits.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:00 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,548,988 times
And on that note, I think we've come to the conclusion of this thread.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware