Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 07:30 AM

699 posts, read 2,894,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant wait to retire View Post
NapaJoe - Sorry I missed you yesterday! We had unloaded the car, admired the new wood blinds and ceiling fans and headed out to lunch. Ate the BEST Mexican meal ever at LaTonalteca (sp?). Very charming atmosphere and delicious guac. I WILL be home on the 9th, digging my way out of way too many boxes. Good luck with settlement.....takes 15 min. max.!
Hi CWTR... I stopped by yesterday but you must have been out to lunch at the time. I will get to meet you soon, I promise. La Tolnateca is our absolute favorite Mexican Restaurant. Glad you enjoyed your lunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 12:40 PM

12 posts, read 23,503 times
Smile to CWTR

Well, June 8th will be here before you know it and we just wanted to wish you the best of luck with your move. We know it will go smoothly for you. We are going to Md. on the 16th for a week to see our new addition. Maybe we will stop at CC on our way back. We would be interested to see what everyone has been raving about. Have a good one.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:19 AM

560 posts, read 915,546 times
OK...we did it!! We signed a contract and are retiring at Roesville. We decided on the Mayfair model. Added the screened in porch, and the second floor bedroom/loft full bathroom for when the kids come to visit...makes a nice guest suite. Opted for the 3rd bedroom instead of the study on the first floor because it can be used as our "home office"/extra bedroom whereas vice-versa doesn't really work. Ours will be the first house in the new phase 2 so our lovely, fully sodded yard will be surrounded by...well not much for a while! But the lots on either side of our place are reserved by people whose contracts are pending sale of their current homes. It'll be dusty-fun watching the neighborhood sprout around us. Tammy has been great fun to work with...and the design consultant Stephanie was very helpful. We're "mentally" planning where to place our new furniture (and the good old stuff) and I'll be glad to have hubby stowe all of his accumulated stuff up in the attic so I can fit my van into the garage for a change! In all our travels and many, many moves as a military family, this will be our first brand new, never been lived-in by anyone else, home!

Our ever-wise daughter is a bit concerned that the clubhouse isn't built yet, but she understands our reasoning for selecting Roesville...10-15 minutes to everything we'll need, but quiet country with minimal traffic. Dear son is happy that we finally made a decision that seems right for us.

So after early October, ya'll can plan on stopping by for a visit whenever you're in DE looking for a place to spend your "golden years". We'll do our very best to convince you to become our neighbors!!
Yes, I'll keep you posted on what's happening as we build, move, and settle.
Do you wish us all the best??
G2D

Old 06-05-2010, 06:39 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
Sure do wish you all the best, how exciting! Roesville is lovely, we've been there several times and hope to visit again later this summer, possibly sooner. Keep us posted on the goings-on esp. if you hear anything about the clubhouse/lodge. Wishing you all the best.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:44 AM

388 posts, read 998,173 times
G2D - Of course we wish you the best!! How exciting and comforting to know you have made your decision and are happy with it. Didn't a calmness settle over you? No more research, no more travelling hither and yon to look at communities, no more comparing this one to that one. You have made your choice! Congratulations. Roesville is a lovely community, was a tough choice for us, too. Hope the coming months have some quiet times interspersed with the madness . By the way, have you sold your house already?

Old 06-05-2010, 06:45 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times
Congrats Going2de on your decsion. Was your personal choice designed just for you

do keep us posted.

Did they say when the clubhouse and pool would be finished?

Old 06-05-2010, 07:56 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Congratulations and best wishes on your choice. The Mayfair model is really a nice one. Had we chosen Roesville, it would have been a Mayfair for us as well.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:55 AM

124 posts, read 264,103 times
Congratulations Goin' 2DE! Your new home in Roesville sounds just wonderful and I'll be looking forward to meeting you in person and seeing your new home in the fall. You're welcome to stop by CC anytime you're in the area for a quick lunch, bathroom break, or just to get acquainted!

This will be my last post before the movers come this Monday and I'm not sure how long I'll be without computer access. Sounds like the weather will be just as Charley predicted, cooler with less humidity. Thanks Charley!

The past four weeks have been challenging and I'm grateful that I can move forward to the next chapter in my life anticipating new friendships and opportunities to serve. Thank you everyone on this forum for your love and support. See ya'll in DE!

Old 06-05-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
G2D - Of course we wish you the best!! How exciting and comforting to know you have made your decision and are happy with it. Didn't a calmness settle over you? No more research, no more travelling hither and yon to look at communities, no more comparing this one to that one. You have made your choice! Congratulations. Roesville is a lovely community, was a tough choice for us, too. Hope the coming months have some quiet times interspersed with the madness . By the way, have you sold your house already?
Yes, we sold our house about a year ago. Because our daughter is active duty military and is now on the west coast, she had a "vacancy" in the townhouse she owns here in VA. We were fortunate to have her place to move into for as long as we needed and have paid her mortgage while we are here. That has given us plenty of time and flexibility to look for our new home in Delaware and she has the security of not renting to strangers. It also required us to "downshift" and to get rid of stuff we no longer had a use for. You know how much stuff accumulates in 25 years of living in one house!!! So now I get to buy a new washer and dryer and a new refrigerator, and some new furniture for our new home. This is going to be a great adventure and we are truly looking forward to it.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Congrats Going2de on your decsion. Was your personal choice designed just for you

do keep us posted.

Did they say when the clubhouse and pool would be finished?

Ya know, the as-yet-to-be-constructed "Lodge" was initially somewhat of a concern for us. But when we first visited Champion's Club and Independence a few years ago, homes were selling there well before the clubhouses were completed. I'll admit that having a fully outfitted clubhouse in a 55+ community is incredibly important, but Roesville is still young and will grow quickly. Hubby and I are relatively young (just 62) and are mostly interested in travelling and seeing the world. For now there is a temporary club for socializing, etc. We're willing to wait for more homeowners to justify the completion of "The Lodge at Roesville". It certainly isn't reasonable at this point to burden the 15+ homeowners with the expense of a large clubhouse.
We chose Roesville primarily for the "country setting", the size of the homes and lots, the bang-for-the-buck, the "green" certification, the long-time excellent reputation of the developers, convenience to shopping at Dover AFB, beaches, slots, and the list goes on. It's the right place for us and I sincerely wish that all on this forum find places that are right as well.
If ya'll visit Roesville in the near future, you'll see our house is the one on the new street...mostly dirt right now, but the seeds are being planted and it'll grow into a nice home soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware