Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 01:30 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times

Advertisements

At my most recent teeth-cleaning, the hygienist told me that my teeth seem to accumulate plaque quickly, despite twice or thrice daily brushing and daily flossing. She is strongly urging me to buy a Sonicare.

I told her I am a skeptic and asked if they get kickbacks to promote the SoniCare. She said no and said she does see less plaque build up in people who use them.

Just curious if anyone here uses one and what their experience has been.

I am thinking that the cost might be worth it if it would help decrease the odds that I have expensive dental work in the future, and also less painful cleanings due to all the scraping involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 02:36 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Sonicare's gotten some great reviews. I don't personally use it, but I know of people who do and love it. I use an Oral B electric, but I'm thinking of adding a waterpik to get between teeth better than I can get with just regular brushing and flossing.

The one thing you should know about a Sonicare, is that it's just an electric toothbrush. When all is said and done, it's still just an electric toothbrush, no matter how many more times per nanosecond it vibrates, than an Oral B, or any other electric brush.

Electric tend to do a better job than manual, and electric combined with waterpik is better than just one or the other, or electric plus flossing.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:51 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
I use a sonicare along with H2O2 it works great

Old 09-06-2012, 06:32 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,768,845 times
I SWEAR by Sonicare - it has completely stopped my bleeding gums (about eight years ago) and halted the advance of gum disease to the point that it almost feels reversed. I use it at least once daily for one 2 minute cycle and another 1 minute half cycle, as necessary.
I now also use the companion Sonicare air-spray-water flosser and love that as well. It really removes most of the crap between your teeth so bacteria doesn't build up over night. Sometimes it is a bit harsh if you have sore gums but the results are worth it. Sonicare products are CHEAP when you consider how unbelievably effective they are.
P.S - I originally recommended it to my dentist !

Last edited by tjarado; 09-06-2012 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-06-2012, 06:38 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,381,971 times
I've been using a Sonicare since 2002.
My check ups have been consistently good ever since.
I highly recommend one.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:49 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
I have receding/bleeding gums - partly because I used to be a rough brusher and partly because I make lots of plaque and wasn't flossing. After my gum surgery a couple years ago, the periodontist recommended Sonicare in particular for me - even though he recommends Oral-B for others. He said the Sonicare would be better for my gums than regular brushing since I was an overly aggressive brusher with a regular brush. My sister swears by Oral-B but it's way too rough for me - feels like a jackhammer in my mouth and is too hard on my gums (as confirmed by my dental hygienist.) The Sonicare and flossing definitely help keep plaque at bay better than regular brushing. It's well worth the cost for me.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:21 AM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
I've been using the SoniCare for a week or so now and I'm really liking it! I love how clean my teeth are. It doesn't hurt my gums at all. This thing cleans my teeth 100x better than I ever could on my own. I am glad I bought one.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:48 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
I also believe SoniCare is superior to other electric toothbrushes. Based on my research with hypersonic/supersonic waves at my university years ago, the claims of SoniCare can be very real.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:22 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times
The dental hygenist recommended it to me but I told here I like the free brush they give out. They don;t sell them at that office. I did some research and bought one but never told them I did. A couple cleanings later, she mentioned how well the teeth were maintained and started asking all sorts of questions about manual brushing and stuff, So i told her I bought one. I guess that was the best test as she really thought the manual brushing was doing the great job.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:39 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
I have been using Sonicare for many years and use nothing else. Nothing makes my teeth feel as clean as the Sonicare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health