Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 09:37 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,429,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefer View Post
Come to think of it this started after I had been sick. It felt like the left side and then moved into the left front tooth area.
Thanks Lindsy and ILNC
This is a gross question but what color is the stuff from your sinus? If its green, then thats a sign of infection. I am NOT saying to ignore the idea it could be your tooth also or instead.

If you can find something metal but small, take it and knock it against the tooth you suspect. If it sends you through the roof, its more likely to be the tooth. Don't hit it so hard you fracture it however.

I would still err on the side of caution and see your dentist. I would also consider seeing your general practitioner to inquire about a posible sinus infection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 09:46 PM

379 posts, read 644,838 times
LOL. Make sure there are no children around when you knock that tooth! They could learn a few choice words.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:18 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,237,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
This is a gross question but what color is the stuff from your sinus? If its green, then thats a sign of infection. I am NOT saying to ignore the idea it could be your tooth also or instead.

If you can find something metal but small, take it and knock it against the tooth you suspect. If it sends you through the roof, its more likely to be the tooth. Don't hit it so hard you fracture it however.

I would still err on the side of caution and see your dentist. I would also consider seeing your general practitioner to inquire about a posible sinus infection.
I used the handle of a spoon and tapped it pretty firm . I coud feel it but not really to much different than hittng the other capped teeth.
The mucus is a little yellow when I blow so I must have some sinus problem going on. I think I may try the Dr, first and if that doesn't help go to the dentist. I'm not thrilled about going to either but I'd prefer going to the Dr.
Thanks again Lindsey!

Old 01-12-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgi View Post
LOL. Make sure there are no children around when you knock that tooth! They could learn a few choice words.
lol ,thanks for the advise!! I tapped it with a spoon handle and all is well!

Old 01-13-2008, 07:43 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,785 times
Outside of all the possible reasons others have mentioned above another possibility could be inflammed sinuses, though usually that would affect the side teeth more than the front, I think.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:14 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,429,938 times
Since his sinus drainage is only yellow, it could still be a problem with his gum. Usually however the gum would LOOK inflamed. You should probably get someone else to take a look in your mouth. If need be you can purchase a small dental mirror from a Walgreens or other pharmacy.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:22 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,785 times
One thing you can try, to rule out if it's a sinus issue, is take an over the counter sinus medication. If your tooth feels better after taking it it's probably a sinus inflammation/infection.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:12 PM

Thanks everyone! Tomorrow is the day to find out for sure!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health