Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 04:35 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Your son is fortunate so far, drinking gallons of sugary soda is giving him lots of sugar and fluoridated water as all these sodas are produced from public waters and MOST are artifically fluoridated.

I was NOT fortunate as I was born and raised in fluoridated tap water and drank cokes when I could sneak them as mother would not have sodas in the house, and ate lots of sugar stuff and my mouth is full of dental work.

Could be too some have stronger teeth than others....I'm guessing mine were not real strong.
Fluoride is only part of taking care of your teeth. It will not prevent all cavities, and it was not the cause of your mouth "full of dental work".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 05:03 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Fluoride is only part of taking care of your teeth. It will not prevent all cavities, and it was not the cause of your mouth "full of dental work".
Oh I know what it's all about and I have said many times I ate/consumed lots of sugars and carbs all my early life, but the great saviour fluoride didn't save them. I've made huge food changes and don't count on fluoride for my dental health NOW.

Old 11-25-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
OF COURSE. Fluoride has prevented literally millions of cavities. That's the point of fluoride, to prevent cavities. It prevents rotten teeth. It prevents dental pain. It prevents spending money on tooth repair. It prevents dentures at a young age. It prevents, prevents, prevents.

Fluoride. Prevents. Cavities.

I can't be more clear about it than that.

But don't forget to floss.
Wonder what it's doing for the other bones/joints in our bodies. I don't feel we should be forced mass medicated via our public waters. Use the "F" toothpaste.

Are you a dentist too?

Old 11-25-2017, 05:31 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Wonder what it's doing for the other bones/joints in our bodies. I don't feel we should be forced mass medicated via our public waters. Use the "F" toothpaste.
It is not "mass medication"

Fluoride is an element naturally found in ground water. In order to be used as a medication it would have to be present in doses much higher than in any source to which it was not added. It isn't.

There is no evidence that fluoridated water harms bones or joints.

Old 11-25-2017, 05:57 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,187,543 times
My family had 4 children. I am the oldest. They went from well water, no fluoride until I was two. Then my brother was born and about the same time the home was hooked up to city water, with fluoride. I always had cavities from a very young age, even had some it baby teeth. I would brush like crazy but still get them. My brother and two younger sisters didn't have any filling until about high school age.

Our family would be a case study for the benefits of fluoride. My mom discussed this with long time neighbors with children in the same age group, same thing with their families. The whole neighborhood was hooked up to city water at the same time.

Old 11-25-2017, 06:13 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,779,561 times
Quote:
And IF fluoride is doing such a great job, doesn't that mean Less business for the dentists, is that true with dentists here?
YES! Dentists used to do fillings by the entire quadrants on almost everyone. Now with fluoride, cavities are just occasional for many people. I'm not sure why you think dentists have profited from this and are part of your conspiracy. Dentists promotoe fluoride because it greatly reduces cavities. Name another industry besides dentistry that has similarly tried to put themselves out of business.

Old 11-25-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It is not "mass medication"

Fluoride is an element naturally found in ground water. In order to be used as a medication it would have to be present in doses much higher than in any source to which it was not added. It isn't.

There is no evidence that fluoridated water harms bones or joints.
It's mass medication and there is a lot of info on arthritis and hip fractures and other stuff. The Stuff they are adding to waters comes from China in heavy duty bags. Not from the ground water in China.

Old 11-25-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
YES! Dentists used to do fillings by the entire quadrants on almost everyone. Now with fluoride, cavities are just occasional for many people. I'm not sure why you think dentists have profited from this and are part of your conspiracy. Dentists promotoe fluoride because it greatly reduces cavities. Name another industry besides dentistry that has similarly tried to put themselves out of business.
I never said dentists profited from this...the industries have profited, did you not read my comments on the industries where this stuff comes from, it's waste by products.

Old 11-25-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
The industries that are getting rid of their waste and the waste today is coming from China as most of our industrial companies/plants moved overseas. Do you remember Alcoa Alum, US Steel, Bethlehem Steel, Westinghouse, GE et al...all their plants are now overseas, mexico, china, and other poor paying countries. Now it's being bagged in China and shipped to the U.S. for our water supplies.

This whole thing was started by Alcoa and Mellon money....I mentioned this many times in my info.

Am I the only one who gets and believes this history.

And IF fluoride is doing such a great job, doesn't that mean Less business for the dentists, is that true with dentists here?
Simplify this for me.....where do I pick up my check for promoting fluoride?

Old 11-25-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I never said dentists profited from this...the industries have profited, did you not read my comments on the industries where this stuff comes from, it's waste by products.
Why do dentists promote it if they are not profiting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health