Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 12:44 PM

629 posts, read 934,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposito View Post
I like how you make assumptions about me, sir. My father and grandfather have the same disease. I have always seen them brush their teeth. Ok, which technique did they use? How long did they do it for? What other products did they use? How many times per day? Just because you saw them do it does not mean they were doing it correctly. It may not be 100% genetic, but surely, I have a propensity for it, otherwise, why would it come back, even though I took real good care of teeth after my rooting and scaling treatment? Because periodontitis has no cure. Your posts in other threads indicate you are already aware of this.

I followed every single recommendation the dentist gave me. Did you ever get referred to a periodontist for surgery? I had to get in debt for these procedures. I even bought that damn water pick and had that antibiotic called Arestin put in my pockets, used the waterpick, brush, floss, prescription mouthwash, diligently every single day, after every single bite. I even reduced my meals to 2 times a day, yet gum disease and tartar returned after 6 months. If the tartar is consistently returning, then you are not brushing properly. Make sure your dentist/hygienist/periodontist shows you how to properly brush and floss. There is a technique to it. American dentists are greedy. The treatments are too expensive when compared to other countries, no wonder, so many millions of people suffer from this disease because they cannot afford these expensive treatments. We don't live in a society where everyone has a college degree, an office job and makes 50k+ a year. The treatment are too expensive for everyone to afford them. So it sounds like your issue is really just the cost, not the actual treatment. You are just looking to grind an axe.

You don't really care about our health. I do, I'm just not going to care more about your health than you do. I tell you what's wrong and what you need to do to treat it. Don't want to? Fine, I'm not going to beg you or lose any sleep over it. If you don't care about your own body, why should I? You, dentists, claim that oral health is very important and linked to major problems, such as heart disease and stroke, so if it is so important, why are most people not allowed to afford it? Why not lower the cost? Of course, you can't, because that is the system, it begins with expensive education and is all because of the government. If the government hadn't put their noses in education, where they make it available to everyone and their mother without any form of credit or savings to back up the loans, education wouldn't be so expensive. Health care wouldn't be so expensive. So you say the government is responsible for the high costs of healthcare, yet all dentists are "greedy bastards"? Sounds like everyone is to blame for your condition except you.

You just proved me right, when I said, the dentist will always blame the patient, but when good results come, they take all the credit. Let me know when you have good results, so I can send your dentist a gift basket on a job well done. You can do everything right, and still develop this disease. There are many dentists with this disease, who cannot cure it on themselves. Of course they can't, since periodontal disease is not curable. Just because you have a piece of paper on the wall that says you went to dental school does not magically make you immune to health problems. Your statement makes no sense.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:51 PM

25 posts, read 56,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bart0323 View Post
I simply believe that it should be more affordable for people of all incomes. The system is not made for everyone to have a college degree and make 50k a year. There will always be low-income citizens in any economy. People who can barely save any real money. You can't simply tell anyone who cannot afford good health insurance and dental treatments, stop being lazy, go to school, make more money, etc. So, just because we make a lower income, we are not allowed to have a shot at good dental and overall health? Why is it my fault that education is so expensive and you had to get in debt for hundred thousands of dollars?

I, for one, can't wait for Trump to win the election and get rid of this Obama crap plan.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:02 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Too too many just don't take care of their health including dental health. And I'm of the opinion after years in the "fight" that fluoride is not our Friend.,...

We've been fluoridated to death in the U.S. for over 6 decades and look at us.

Too much sugars Period and I know I've been there for many many yrs in my life...not now, but the damage was done.

I would not want to be a dentist or doctor for any money to deal with sick sick people who have not taken care of themselves to begin with. Smoked which destroys so much.

I heard many yrs ago that dentists have a high suicide rate and there is info on the net on this....who wants to dig into and try to save people poor dental issues.

And I don't think anyone loves to go to a dentist, so they are pretty much feared by their patients. Who does not tense up on their way to the dentist and talk about tense up in the dental chair. I have for years.

Personally, I have not gone to a dentist for about 5 yrs as I DO BELIEVE the coconut oil I use daily for brushing and in general helps my dental health.

I do floss but did not for many yrs in my early life. And I have cut out sugars big big time. What's left of my life, I'd like to not live in doctor/dental offices..

And GRAPE SEED EXTRACT has made a world of difference in so much of my health including dental and gums. If you have not been this route, you do NOT KNOW....

Neither coconut oil not grape seed extract have been shown to have any value in dental health. I appreciate that you believe they have been helpful for you, but that's anecdotal evidence and not based on anything provable by science.

Yes, we've had fluoride in our water for many years and dental health is superior to what it was before fluoride was added. There are many peer reviewed scientific studies that bear out this conclusion if you have interest in learning the facts.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:08 PM

629 posts, read 934,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposito View Post
I simply believe that it should be more affordable for people of all incomes. The system is not made for everyone to have a college degree and make 50k a year. There will always be low-income citizens in any economy. People who can barely save any real money. You can't simply tell anyone who cannot afford good health insurance and dental treatments, stop being lazy, go to school, make more money, etc. So, just because we make a lower income, we are not allowed to have a shot at good dental and overall health? My children earn $0 per year, so I guess that would make them low-income. Yet, they don't have any cavities or gum disease. Why? Because they have access to a toothbrush and floss and use them regularly. You were not born with cavities or gum disease. You had your "shot". At some point you started neglecting your oral health and that's when you developed gum disease. No one's fault but yours. Money has nothing to do with it. Why is it my fault that education is so expensive and you had to get in debt for hundred thousands of dollars? It's not - I choose that path. Why is it my fault your teeth and gums suck, regardless of genetics or personal neglect?

I, for one, can't wait for Trump to win the election and get rid of this Obama crap plan. Sounds like 8 years ago when people couldn't wait for Obama to win so they could stop worrying about their mortgages.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:15 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
You are still missing the point.

I just don't want to hear the whining about how expensive insurance is, staffing salaries, overhead, etc. and that is why it is so expensive---all the while making a good salary, then drive home in your fancy car.

Kind of like a friend of mine---she cries how difficult some months making ends meet with paying her utilities at the same time she is talking about how she got another Dolce & Gabbana purse (yes they are genuine)

P.S. Plumbers have very good salaries. They are very valuable people in our Society. Don't be talking Plumbers down, they are also very skilled at what they do.
Has your dentist actually whined to you about his/her cost of running their practice?!? That's ridiculous. Mine certainly never has and if he did, I'd be finding another dentist. No one wants to hear about that while being told to rinse and spit.

And, I've never whined about the costs of his services either. If I was unhappy with them, I'd vote with my feet.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:38 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
Flossing is no joke. Do it, everyday.

My dentist is awesome and told me straight up, "we love seeing you and will always be happy to take your money, but if you flossed you'd save a ton of it". So true. I floss religiously and only get to see them a few times a year now. The difference flossing makes is night and day.
If you don't like flossing, then a water pic is just as good. I think the way it beats on the gums helps the circulation and gum health. My dentist always compliments me on my flossing, and I usually just say thanks, but I hardly ever floss at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health