Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 12:44 PM

15 posts, read 65,566 times

Advertisements

I agrew with DanBev, southeast hampton seems good for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 02:34 PM

25 posts, read 77,485 times
Thanks everyone!

Old 06-21-2007, 10:26 PM

126 posts, read 620,918 times
Colfax in Aurora ... I live a few blocks away. There was a shooting a while ago, and last time my husband took the bus there was some big police bust with people on the ground and the cops' guns pointed at the people in the cars.

Colfax in Aurora is NOT a pretty sight. Outright poverty+drugs ... bad situation.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:32 PM

3 posts, read 9,243 times
i agree.only really a few parts of aurora are run down.95% of the aurora neighborhoods are nice and pretty wealthy.as for colfax, i have lived off of west colfax and xavier for about 7 years now.and the only "GHETTO" parts of colfax are the east side from capitol hill to denver east high school and on the west side, the run down parts are from federal to sheridan and part of edgewater.but once you go far enough east towards outter aurora or far enough west to lakewood then its not THAT bad.colfax is naturally run down and trashy but not all of it is ghetto.its basically a lot of prostitution, businesses, motels, pawn shops, and tagging.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:36 AM

256 posts, read 1,403,879 times
crackstreet.com thats crazy how out in the open they are with the drugs... its like the tenderloin

Old 12-06-2007, 04:29 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Another recent discussion of Colfax. It is a lo-o-ong street that encompasses different parts of Denver.
National News
Fromthebay, I lived in the Tenderloin awhile and nothing bad ever happened to me, and graduated, unscathed, from East High on Colfax. Maybe I just have someone watching out for me.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:48 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Actually, the worst part of Colfax is the Aurora section, from Yosemite to 225. Don't live there under any circumstances, unless you want to die. The Denver part runs through Capitol Hill, an up and coming area. Still, I can't imagine why someone would go out of their way to have a "Colfax" address???

I agree with MattDen (surprise!) about Broadway from the Golden Triangle area to Alameda. That's a neat, overlooked area. It's probably one of the most authentic urban neighborhoods in Denver. A lot of independent bookstores, coffee shops, guitar stores, "adult" themed businesses, neighborhood pizza joints, but it still has a gritty feel to it; it's not a perfectly manicured boutique neighborhood by any means. You'll have brand new high rise condos right next to turn of the century bungalows. Homeless people, yuppies, and everyone in between.
I love Colfax from Colo. Blvd. to downtown. I'd never label it all as seedy or drug ridden either. It's getting better, but still has the "grit" in pockets. I lived for several years near Colfax and Steele and enjoyed that part of Colfax and never had any problems.

Now that I live at Stapleton and frequently drive over to Lowry, I'd have to agree about that section of Colfax. I've seen numerous drug deals, arrests, prostitutes, tweakers fighting on the street, etc. in this area. I wish they'd rezone Colfaxt east of Colorado to get more density, condos, etc. and start making it desireable.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:36 AM

256 posts, read 1,403,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Another recent discussion of Colfax. It is a lo-o-ong street that encompasses different parts of Denver.
National News
Fromthebay, I lived in the Tenderloin awhile and nothing bad ever happened to me, and graduated, unscathed, from East High on Colfax. Maybe I just have someone watching out for me.
Ive always been fine in the tenderloin too... but for young females walking alone... I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND IT.... Wherever I move Im not too worried about me I worry about my fiance for the most part

Old 12-06-2007, 11:53 AM

1,176 posts, read 4,483,483 times
I lived between Colfax and 16th on High and then further down towards park on 16th for 9 years.

Those who say Colfax is seedy and dangerous are likely living in Highlands Ranch and it is my wish that they stay there, and if they must come into the city that they be required to take a refresher course on parallel parking.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:04 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Does anyone have recommendations on Colfax restaurants? There seem to be many new restaurants that I haven't tried. I've heard good things about the Corkhouse (east of Colo. Blvd.), tried a couple Mexican restaurants that were decent (one east of Colo Blvd. and one around Steele), but that's it.

I've never tried that English pub place next to Scooters liquors, but always wanted to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver