Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2010, 07:53 PM

42 posts, read 179,895 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

We are about to sign the lease on a home on Wabash Street one block East of Verbena Park and the Post Office. I was wondering everyone's opinion of this area? Is it safe? Will I feel awkward walking my dog to the park?

Ive read on threads that South of 13 and East of Syracuse is an OKAY area. We are 2 blocks South of 13, one block North of 11th, and NorthEast of Syracuse.

Any and all opinions of this area welcomed

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 09:25 PM

17 posts, read 49,623 times
That's the East Colfax Neighborhood. Traditionally it does not have a great reputation, but I believe it is a fast improving neighborhood. I'll leave more comments for people that actually live closer to the area.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:52 AM

115 posts, read 229,247 times
Two blocks south of 13th is 11th and one block north of 11th is 12th. A strange place you have found!

That area is not Montclair and I don't believe Claremont either, rather east Denver. Nothing wrong with the area at all. It was one of the last annexed into the city and county of Denver and is one of the few in Denver that does not always have sidewalks much like adjacent north Aurora just across Yosemite.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:05 PM

42 posts, read 179,895 times
Richtofen Street is in between 11th and 12th street. Dont ask me why. So yes, two blocks south of 13th, one block north of 11th. Thank you for your feedback.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:40 PM

91 posts, read 340,492 times
I live in the East Colfax neighborhood north of Colfax and west of Wabash. I really like where I live, but this is a neighborhood that can change from block to block. I know a family that lives within a block of where you're looking to lease and they are happy. I've taken my kids to Verbena Park to play and it seems like any other park in the city -- quiet and relaxing. I think this is a great neighborhood to invest in and I would encourage anyone who has an opportunity to rent here before buying to do it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:00 PM

91 posts, read 340,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blobbin View Post
It was one of the last annexed into the city and county of Denver and is one of the few in Denver that does not always have sidewalks much like adjacent north Aurora just across Yosemite.

Don't even get me started on the sidewalks. Friends always want to know if my neighborhood is safe. Yeah it's safe. If I have one gripe though it's the stupid sidewalk system. It's sporadic. A street will have a sidewalk for half a block and then it will just magically end at someone's property line. I feel like I'm living in a Shel Silverstein book!

The streets are pretty quiet and I've become accustomed to walking on the side of the street where no sidewalk exists. That seems to work fine for most of the quiet residential streets. But to see the true retardation of the sidewalk situation, just look at Quebec Street north and south of Colfax. There are small sections of sidewalk that turn into dirt walkways through people's front yards. A patch of concrete here and a patch of trampled dirt there. It's ridiculous!

Quebec is a major street with a bus route. Colfax is the busiest bus route in the city. There are two schools along Quebec that students from around the city commute to just 2 blocks north of Colfax -- Johnson and Wales and Denver School of the Arts. You'd think that there would be a simple sidewalk for people to walk on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: