Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 10:20 PM

24 posts, read 40,992 times

Advertisements

Who is CruisinUSA? Like the video game? I'm lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 07:29 AM

698 posts, read 2,047,503 times
My neighborhood has sub associations. There is the master HOA association, but we also have three subassociations--one that covers a specific set of townhomes, one that covers the live/work lofts, and one that covers another set of townhomes. They interact but the board members are different and the subassociations can make some decisions concerning just their areas without approval from the master association.

I am thinking Stapleton is the same and someone on the board of the Wonderland courtyard homes has a stick up their rear end--or knows a neighbor who complained about the chalk, resulting in this silly rule. Things like this give HOAs a very bad name. They have their place in my opinion, but if you get the wrong type of people on the board, they can really suck. HOAs have very serious power and owners have few legal recourses as they sign documents at closing stating they will abide by the community's bylaws as enforced by the HOA, and the bylaws can change.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:14 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
Oh, o.k., I can see that. Yes, they've got a real killjoy on that one. I can understand if the girl was ouut tagging with a can of spraypaint, but either the HOA leader or the neighbor who is complaining has a screw loose for finding something bad about sidewalk chalk. The stuff fades away or can be easily rinsed away. I'm on our neighborhoods HOA and this is something That wouldn't even cross our minds to ban.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:29 AM

698 posts, read 2,047,503 times
Same here. We did once have a neighbor complain that kids were digging in the gravel in one of our parks and she wanted us to ban kids from doing that. I laughed and told her that no, we wouldn't be doing that.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:35 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4zygirl05 View Post
I know this is thread is old, but really? You don't want a 7-11 because you want to attract a "certain type of people?" covert racism, much? You have definitely confirmed our suspicions about the snobby folks who live in Stapleton. You guys are just literally a stone's throw away from Park Hill. Get over yourselves. You act like Wal-Mart is evil while King Soopers' gas station is a mess. Well...guess whose gas station is pretty much always empty? The one owned by Sam's Club down the street. You know, the EVIL corporation that is degrading your pristine community.

You know what makes the Central Park intersection so dangerous? Your stupid children playing chicken with the traffic while trying to cross the street on green light. Just last week I almost slammed into a child on a scooter who thought it would be cute to see if he could "beat" traffic. Really? Where were his parents?

I apologize for coming off as a major *****, but I moved to Park Hill last year after escaping the gentrification of my Whittier/Five Points neighborhood only to find that the people in Stapleton aren't much different, attitude wise. And the funniest part is that you guys live right next to a prison! Sexy!

When Stapleton was in its initial development, we thought we would try to buy a house there because it looked very spacious and open. We had saw this beautiful red house that had the most amazing view. Flash forward a few years later and I don't understand how the residents cope with such cramped housing. We can't even find the red house we obsessed over anymore and every other house looks the same. Yes, very cookie-cutter. I'm happy in my ranch-style house with a nice yard and quiet, almost nonexistent neighbors.

My ex ***** of a neighbor tried to tell me that we moved into a violent area, but ironically there have been more shootings and killings on my old STREET where she lives than in my entire Park Hill neighborhood, so major egg on her face.

In my opinion, with this economy, you'll get more hits from building a 7-11, liquor store, and a pawnshop in that area than an uppity grocery store.

And I almost, forgot, I just heard on the news that you folks want to ban children from using sidewalk chalk...

Great community you got there.

So... stay out of Stapleton then. I'd personally love to have a 7-11 built on a corner in the middle of Stapleton. And my kids draw chalk all over our sidewalk, and it's legal!

As for cookie cutter, well, I can't force you to see reality. Stapleton is about as non cookie cutter as a new development can be. Go to Highlands Ranch if you want to see "cookie cutter". Or maybe look down your own steret in Park Hill. Many areas of Park Hill are cookie cutter little brick ranch houses. And Stapleton was built on the principles of new urbanism, which means the houses are CLOSE TOGETHER. THe people who live here like that. We like to know our neighbors and be social. If you're a hermit who doesn't want to interact with your neighbors, then this isn't for you. You must have really missed the whole point of Stapleton if you thought you were going to buy your little dream house and have an acre of land around it with mountain views.

I don't find people here to be "uppity". That's just your opinion you're forming off little information. I know many people here, and they're about as friendly as I've ever met.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:37 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradburn1 View Post
Same here. We did once have a neighbor complain that kids were digging in the gravel in one of our parks and she wanted us to ban kids from doing that. I laughed and told her that no, we wouldn't be doing that.
lol! Yes, little kids love to dig. They occasionally do it in our park by our house. We love that it's kid friendly here. And that we don't have an HOA telling us where we can and can't plant things!

Old 06-12-2012, 12:14 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
My daughter took her first 2 years of swimming lessons at the pool in Stapleton. I like the fact that they allowed non residents to use the pool for a small fee. I would pick stapleton over highlands ranch in large part due to its proximity to the city.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:55 PM

531 posts, read 1,146,475 times
I live in north park hill and frequently visit Stapleton. Initially, I wasn't a big fan, but I have warmed to it. The density, diversity, and pedestrian friendly streets appeal to me. I don't think it is perfect and there are some things I'd like to change, but it definitely is a nice neighborhood.

My wife and I actually looked at buying a home in Stapleton, but are priced out of it. We're settling for buying a home in Edgewater.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:01 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
I like Stapelton. Had a family BBQ there (Central Park) in August last year and the area seemed like it was really making its way up.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:24 AM

618 posts, read 1,366,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
The last I've heard is that nothing is getting built. The entire town center is based on them getting a grocery store built, and apparently no one is building grocery stores any more. Within a year, it looks like the entire area around the Eastbridge town center will be complete, and there seems to always be lots of traffic going through. I don't really understand why they can't get anything started there. We only have one grocery store in Stapleton and it's usually very crowded. I wish they'd build a 7-11 with gas station somewhere in the middle of Stapleton. Even that would be a help.
BTW, I just saw that a 7-11 is being built on the corner of Central Park Blvd. & Montview, for all of your slurpee needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver