Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 05:22 PM
JLC JLC started this thread

23 posts, read 327,450 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving to Colorado Springs - lots to offer, as per another thread, and a short drive for my wife (a frequent business traveller) to Denver aiport... How about Aurora? Pro/cons to live there? How long would it take my wife to drive to the Denver aiport, compared to Colorado Springs?

JLC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2006, 05:56 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Depends on where in Aurora 20 minutes to 30 minutes. Pena blvd is a 10 minute trip and an 11 mile highway/speed trap to the airport, plus parking and getting to the terminal...

Colorado Springs has an airport. From CS to DIA 2 hours on a good day. 45-1 hour to south of Denver, 40 minutes on C-470 & $6.00 in tolls to Pena Blvd.

Old 08-31-2006, 07:27 PM

Just what I needed to know... I think my wife could take a plane from CS to Denver, if the flights are frequent enough. I'll check on this. I am going to drive to Denver and check out the surrounding areas over the Christmas vacation.

JLC

Old 09-01-2006, 10:57 PM

18 posts, read 96,827 times
I left Aurora in a mad haste......but I hear that extreme southern aurora is still ok.

Crime is moving south at a pace I didn't find comfortable, so I moved to parker and haven't looked back once (easy to get to DIA too from Parker).

Also, the school system in Aurora was terrible. I moved my daughter from there to Douglas County schools and the difference was unbelievable. Aurora was O.K. awhile ago, but it just seems to get worse and worse.

Old 09-02-2006, 08:14 AM

Thanks for the reply... Seems Colorado Springs is still my first choice for the time being, but I will check other communities around Denver, including Parker, which seems an easy drive to Denver Airport. While I went to Colorado Springs previously, I have not visited Parker.

JLC

Old 09-03-2006, 08:04 PM

7 posts, read 90,842 times
Here's my take on your options:

Colorado Springs
- Beautiful town, close to the mountains
- Good size town - not too big, not too small
- Still affordable
- But you're farther from DIA. You're wife will either have to take the time to drive to DIA, or catch a flight from COS to DIA and then go from there.

Parker
- Closer to DIA
- Small town feel, but has the amenities of a bigger city, plus Denver/Aurora is close
- A little more expensive than the Springs or Aurora

South Aurora/East Centennial
- Nice suburban area
- Houses still affordable. Price/size/newness tend to increase as you go south.
- 25 minutes +/- to DIA (via C470)

Far East Aurora
- This includes Murphey's Creek (& golf course) and any new neighborhoods located around C470
- Very easy access to DIA - no more than 20 minutes even in the worst traffic
- Brand new homes - more pricey than older south Aurora, but not too bad.
- No real trees, has a more prarie type of feel

I think it depends on what your priorities are - if you want to be close to the airport, there are decent options in the Parker/Aurora/Centennial area. Otherwise the Springs has better scenery and perhaps a more comfortable pace.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:01 AM

Thank you for such an informative post... As my wife will have to travel once a week at worst for a few years, and we greatly value scenery, I think Colorado Springs is still our first choice. She would most likely catch flights from COS to DIA, and not drive to Denver.

Thank you for the posting - we will visit all these areas this winter, and will be back in Spring for a second look!

JLC

Old 09-07-2006, 02:57 PM

3 posts, read 10,881 times
Default Aurora?

My boyfriend are relocationg to the Denver area in about 3 weeks. Right now we are looking for an area to live. He will be working from home, but I will be looking for a job as soon as I get out there. So we want to be relatively close to the Tech area and downtown denver. At first, we were dead set on Aurora. We heard about the new developements and the new Southlands mall opening up. But realtors/friends are discouraging us from going to this area. Now we are confused.....I need advice, Aurora or forget about Aurora and go towards Westminster, Thornton, Broomfield......
We are in our late 20s, no kids. Don't want to be too far from the action.....
Thanks in advance!!

Old 09-07-2006, 03:28 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
what do you do? and where do you think you'll be working?

Old 09-07-2006, 06:25 PM

3 posts, read 10,881 times
I have had 2 phone interviews in the Tech area, near englewood. I work in finance/marketing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver