Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 03:00 PM

15 posts, read 38,452 times

Advertisements

omygoodness! yes. my car is front wheel drive. i don't have anti lock brakes. only two doors.

well, my parents used to live in colorado springs and we vacationed in breckenridge every christmas after they moved.

now i'm moving to colorado for denver school of nursing. my parents loved it there and they're planning on joining me shortly.

i also love hiking and the outdoors and forests so i can't wait to move, but the winter is intimidating.

any other helpful winter tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

PS: is denver a walking city?? have public transportation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 03:03 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosandyp View Post
omygoodness! yes. my car is front wheel drive. i don't have anti lock brakes. only two doors.
Are you sure about that?

Old 11-17-2009, 07:23 PM

15 posts, read 38,452 times
yes. i am sure i don't have anti lock brakes...

Old 11-17-2009, 07:25 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosandyp View Post
yes. i am sure i don't have anti lock brakes...
How old is your car? My wife's old Civic LX (mid trim level, and way less car than your Solara) had ABS in 1999.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:39 AM

91 posts, read 270,039 times
Some solid snow vehicles:
1st pic: My old ride, 2000 Toyota 4runner SR5 4wd w/ Firestone Destination All-seasons
this car was PERFECT in snow, only sold it because of mpg (14/18), but rest assured, in snow even up to 3 feet deep, It handled like a champ in 4wd with its high ground clearance and Firestone Destination All-Season tires. I regularly used it to tow cars and stranded motorists out of snowbanks, ditches, etc, including an H3 when they just came out haha[/b]

2nd Pic: My Buddy's Subaru WRX STI This car is great, the AWD with Bridestone Blizzaks (non-studded) is top notch, he has fantastic control in the snow and ice. I would have an STI myself if it werent for the ridiculous cost of insuring them. Still, an absolutely beautiful vehicle to drive, own, and blast around in the snow with

3rd pic: Proof that no matter what car/tires/drivetrain you're running on, sometimes mother natures just gonna win flat out; Both cars in our rented cabin's driveway in Mammoth Lakes, CA 2009

Old 11-29-2009, 01:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
We came here in 1980 with a 1978 Ford Fiesta and a 1970 Chevey Camaro. The Fiesta was FWD, the Camaro was not. Neither car had anit-lock brakes. I worked as a visiting nurse driving the Fiesta most of the time. We did not get 4WD until we had been here 23 years and I had long given up visiting nursing.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:19 PM

40 posts, read 175,909 times
SNOW TIRES!!!! I think that one of the most important things is to allow yourself plenty of time, this way you are not in a hurry and can take your time. When the roads are snowy the slower you can drive the better this also allows for you to watch out for other drivers who may not be in control. Another important thing is to not let yourself get distracted, radio, cell phone etc. All it takes is one second taking your eyes off the road, and when they are slick the chances of you being able to stop suddenly are slim to none. Good luck, you will love CO even on bad road days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver