Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2007, 10:39 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Well, you have to think positive and believe anything is possible. What's the hurt in getting tickets? If they don't make it, you get a refund so big deal. Nothing beats the atmosphere of the ball park during playoffs

The way the Rockies have been playing lately, it seems pretty likely they'll be there.
That's the thing...the five day layoff may work against them. When you are hot you want to keep playing.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:06 PM

65 posts, read 216,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Talk about putting the cart before the horse. The World Series is for the team that gets to four wins in THIS series.

With talk of World Series already, I'm not feeling it. Whatever happened to the one game at a time attitude.

I hope the Rockies can win this game here tonight. Think small ball. Chop wood. Carry water! Go Rockies!
To be fair the D-Backs did the same thing.. Both teams are probably sick of the phone call about when tickets go on sale and the lines forming for them too.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:22 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Default 4-0 and counting

Rockies take game 1 in Arizona.

The Rockies make the Diamondback fans sound just like Philly fan;
Bewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! Wayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

The base runner got a little too excited trying to interfere with Kaz and got his widdow self called out! How'd ya like that call, Arizona? How'd that taste?

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/mcgowdog/meatwad1.gif (broken link)

Jack says, "GO ROCKIES!!!!!!!!!". mew.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:02 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,977,971 times
Nice win Rockies! I've been very impressed. They've been a class act throughout the regular season and playoffs, and that continues tonight.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:43 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
That's the thing...the five day layoff may work against them. When you are hot you want to keep playing.

"So much for the four-day layoff that could have broken their momentum...."

Opinion: Yes, Rockies really could win World Series - Baseball - MSNBC.com

Old 10-12-2007, 09:24 AM

385 posts, read 1,576,003 times
Another excellent game for the Rockies, Thursday night! W00-H00!!!
Rockies are Class all the way!

Old 10-13-2007, 12:50 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
YEAHHHHHH-- Rockies kick Diamondbacks ass two in a row!! Man, I wish I was back in Colorado right now! I've been watching this series in enemy territory!

Old 10-13-2007, 12:54 AM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Default Purple!!!!!!!

I'm in Florida and the game looked just fine here! Except that it's about 3:00 here!

Purple! What do ya think of that color, Diamondback fans?

Honestly though, heck of a game for everybody! The class of MLB right here in the NLCS! Great game!

Go Rockies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-13-2007, 04:14 AM

22 posts, read 178,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
I think baseball is the most boring sport out there. I've never figured out how some people are so INTO the game.
As a spectator, one can relax, drink and beer, enjoy conversation, check out people, and if something happens on the field, that's great. If not, get some peanuts, another beer, check out the people you found most interesting. Nothing boring about baseball.

As a player, try dodging a ball at your head at 90 mph, let alone hitting it if it curves into the strikezone. Not as easy as it looks. But I enjoy baseball for what it is, a nice couple hours spent yelling, whooping it up, jumping when someone hits one deep, booing when something goes bad. But that's the fun of it. Maybe it's the great hot dogs. Or maybe it's the beer. Yep, it's the beer, ice cold on a summer day.

Old 10-13-2007, 04:31 AM

22 posts, read 178,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Well, I just moved here this summer and I love baseball! (and football) Being a loyal Tigers fan, I was surprised to see the crowd at the first few Rockies games I attended. It was pretty lame and not very crowded. However, if it takes an 11 game win streak to get some attention/enthusiasm in the city, so be it! Nothing beats going to a game, drinking a few brews and eating a dog!

GO ROCKIES!
Yep. Nothing beats going to a baseball game, eating a hotdog, drinking a few brews. I am planning moving from Pensacola Florida to Denver, if things work out. Baseball is one of the reasons, as Pensacola has no team, nor even mentions baseball. It's tucked back to page 10 in the sports section. (College football is the thing down here.)

Anyway, in some ways it's good not having a crowded park. I can get a good seat, talk to the players, maybe get a ball signed. But baseball is best when you bring a young kid. I have a new grandson and hopefully my daughter will move too so he can become a lifelong fan, as I am.

I went up to visit my brother in Maryland, and we took his grandson & best freind to see the Orioles. Although they were not the champion team I grew up with- Jim Palmer, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, etc, or even Cal Ripkin.... These kids hung their gloves over the fence, jumped on the bleachers at every ball coming anywhere close, and screamed throughout the game. What a thrill to sit back and watch them have a blast. I think they ate everything the man brought down to them. They kept him busy. And he just laughed. Yep. Nothing beats going to a baseball game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver