Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 08:48 PM

18 posts, read 34,917 times

Advertisements

Many thanks to all who contributed to this thread. I'm home from trip #1 to Denver and while the trip was difficult--knowing I would soon be leaving my beautiful home and my lush, green, low-population environment--it was less so because of your advice. We have friends in Arvada and therefore kept our search to the NW quadrant of Denver. We did plan to see some of the areas to the south west, like Ken Caryl, but we just didn't have time on this trip. I agree with posters who said views are better away from the foothills. We got to see some stunning views from the Arvada/Westminster/Lafayette areas on Saturday--the skies were a bright blue backdrop for the white peaks of the Front Range. We did check out some of the urban neighborhoods, but just couldn't embrace that much 'togetherness'. Of course, most of the newer developments we visited are as crowded as the downtown neighborhoods, at least in terms of lot size. At this point I think we are leaning toward Lafayette, though that could certainly change. I've been chasing down rental leads and striking out, so we may buy after all. Not what I want to do at this point, but it seems like it may be the best option. Again, thanks to everyone for your input.

One more note: aside from the gorgeous weather and the beautiful views, I was blown away by the friendliness of everyone I encountered in Denver. Wait staff, real estate agents, car service drivers, random people in stores and on the street and in elevators...everyone I came across exuded a friendly, warm vibe.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 03-10-2014 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: Merged 2:1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver