Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 08:07 AM

304 posts, read 344,261 times

Advertisements

I mentioned in an earlier post, T-Rex, which was the light rail project, was outdated before they began constructing it. Traffic is horrible from Monument to Denver now coming from the south, and around Castle Rock both directions. I limit my trips, where I didn't do so in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 08:48 AM

50 posts, read 86,438 times
I've been in Denver for three years now and traffic definitely seems to be getting worse. I work right in the heart of downtown so it's generally a nightmare regardless of where I live. Right now, I'm living in Westminster off 104th/Federal. I've been living in that area for about a year and a half and it really does seem like traffic in the mornings has been getting progressively worse.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:52 AM

50 posts, read 86,438 times
Amen to the whole "people on the phone thing". When I'm leaving work I have to hop onto I-25 North and eventually get about 4 lanes over. It drives me crazy when someone won't let me over and, almost without fail, I'll look over and that driver is on the phone, totally oblivious....

Old 08-27-2014, 02:16 PM

694 posts, read 1,040,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzgirl View Post
Amen to the whole "people on the phone thing". When I'm leaving work I have to hop onto I-25 North and eventually get about 4 lanes over. It drives me crazy when someone won't let me over and, almost without fail, I'll look over and that driver is on the phone, totally oblivious....
We need to have New York's cell phone laws. Screw the cell phone lobbyists who are against it. Wait until one of their family members is killed by someone using a cell phone while driving.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:18 AM

177 posts, read 315,119 times
Why is there ALWAYS an accident on NB I-25 and Sante Fe Dr.??

Old 06-09-2015, 12:45 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffdiver View Post
Because it is always heavily congested.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:29 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Because it is always heavily congested.
True. It seems like traffic is backed up 7 days a week and at the most random times of day at that location. It's an area that I avoid. It's bad.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:57 PM

109 posts, read 141,916 times
I take Hampden>Parker>225>25>Sante Fe to get to work. There's rarely a day when I don't see an accident, especially @ the Hampden/Parker/225 merge and on 25, heck even on Hampden. Thankfully, I get off at Santa Fe before traffic gets really bad.

Does anyone exit on Santa Fe and know if they'll ever put a light in once construction's finished? I have to make a left on Alameda which means crossing over 4 lanes rather quickly. I've just started taking Lincoln in - might be a little slower, but definitely safer.

I've also realized that it's better to not use your blinker here. If you're trying to be polite and use your blinker, people will NOT let you in more times than not. There's also a lot fewer people here that wave when you let them in. I miss the drivers in St. Louis, South Carolina, and even San Diego. <<end rant>>

Old 06-11-2015, 10:16 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,637,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsl5 View Post
I take Hampden>Parker>225>25>Sante Fe to get to work. There's rarely a day when I don't see an accident, especially @ the Hampden/Parker/225 merge and on 25, heck even on Hampden. Thankfully, I get off at Santa Fe before traffic gets really bad.

Does anyone exit on Santa Fe and know if they'll ever put a light in once construction's finished? I have to make a left on Alameda which means crossing over 4 lanes rather quickly. I've just started taking Lincoln in - might be a little slower, but definitely safer.

I've also realized that it's better to not use your blinker here. If you're trying to be polite and use your blinker, people will NOT let you in more times than not. There's also a lot fewer people here that wave when you let them in. I miss the drivers in St. Louis, South Carolina, and even San Diego. <<end rant>>
I use the blinker, wait 3 seconds and if they don't let me in, I'll push my way in if I don't have a choice. They usually let you in.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:18 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,637,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffdiver View Post
It's a bottleneck crappy designed on ramp with 3 lanes that merge into one.

Colorado engineers don't understand what an auxiliary lane is used for or seldom use them.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver