Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 04:49 PM

830 posts, read 744,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty-Mill View Post
When I first moved here I had terrible luck finding single women. A few months back I decided that maybe my standards were too high... I lowered them and started getting more dates. At one point I found myself sitting across from an obese woman old enough to be my mother.

Maybe you just need to lower your standards?
I had to LOL at this!

Sadly, my husband and I have many single male friends ages 25-35 who seem to have literally gone this route.

One of them just turned 27, isn't too unattractive (though it gets worse each year), employed, college degree, etc. and has been chasing a very large, unemployed woman with 3 children all by different men, who is also physically violent when drinking. He spent most of the night at a concert with my husband charging his phone in the bathroom in case she called. We just don't get it, she's not very nice, appears largely illiterate, and has another boyfriend too.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:54 PM

760 posts, read 884,270 times
After reading all of these stories, I feel like I should pass along some of my friends to you guys!

I have a fairly large group of single male/female, upper 20s, lower 30s, college educated, attractive friends. None of them are crazy or anything. Pretty much all of them are looking.

Id say get off of the dating sites/apps and go out and meet people the old fashion way. I promise they are out there.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:56 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,954,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Too rabid! BTW, when I lived near Boston and took public transit to school and work (the route went through the Fenway Park stop) you shoulda been on the train the day the Red Sox lost a major game. The entire train was packed full of fans going home from the game, and not one person said one word, not one person made eye contact with anybody else. It was so morbidly quiet I almost giggled.

I am having dreadful flashbacks of seeing blue and orange bowtie pasta salad, eek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefg567 View Post
One of them just turned 27, isn't too unattractive (though it gets worse each year), employed, college degree, etc. and has been chasing a very large, unemployed woman with 3 children all by different men, who is also physically violent when drinking. He spent most of the night at a concert with my husband charging his phone in the bathroom in case she called. We just don't get it, she's not very nice, appears largely illiterate, and has another boyfriend too.
OMG you just described one of my sister-in-laws.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:00 PM

214 posts, read 260,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Oh, good grief. Do you really think all those athletic females want a plump BF? I sure didn't. Same for stoners. Maybe don't try to meet compatible women at bars? Women love funny and smart. Sarcastic might be the problem child, depending on how you do it.
I don't think it's a compatability issue... It's becasue Denver is overflowing with men. Bars are mostly men... Internet dating is mostly men... Meetups are mostly men... I have really never experienced anything like it until I moved to Denver.

The only solution for a guy to meet a girl is to lower his standards a rediculous amount... Even then a good chunk of the single guys in Denver can pretty much write off any hopes of meeting someone.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:19 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,810,663 times
Quote:
I don't think it's a compatability issue... It's becasue Denver is overflowing with men. Bars are mostly men... Internet dating is mostly men... Meetups are mostly men... I have really never experienced anything like it until I moved to Denver.

The only solution for a guy to meet a girl is to lower his standards a rediculous amount... Even then a good chunk of the single guys in Denver can pretty much write off any hopes of meeting someone.
This. Although it's certainly not "Menver" like everyone makes it out to be. I feel like there is a huge influx of women moving here but competition is still tight. Girls have the clear advantage of choice.

I feel like good looking guys in the city should be pulling 9s and 10s but instead only get 6s and 7s. So to your point, I think you could be right.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:21 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,810,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Ski View Post
After reading all of these stories, I feel like I should pass along some of my friends to you guys!

I have a fairly large group of single male/female, upper 20s, lower 30s, college educated, attractive friends. None of them are crazy or anything. Pretty much all of them are looking.

Id say get off of the dating sites/apps and go out and meet people the old fashion way. I promise they are out there.
Haha please do! And I do believe you, it's just a matter of time and hanging in there.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:34 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,712,237 times
Quote:

If that is so, then Denver has become even more male than when I was there. I think there always were more men than women. Hence, half-joking labels such as "Menver" and "sausage fest". Kind of went with stuff like the oil and gas biz, mining, and (later) the dot.com craziness.

Still, to say the ONLY solution is to lower your standards sounds lame. Unless your standards are unrealistically high in the first place. Bars, Internet dating, Meetups, etc are not the only ways that people find each other. That's a good thing.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:37 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,712,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
This. Although it's certainly not "Menver" like everyone makes it out to be. I feel like there is a huge influx of women moving here but competition is still tight. Girls have the clear advantage of choice.

I feel like good looking guys in the city should be pulling 9s and 10s but instead only get 6s and 7s. So to your point, I think you could be right.
Well, if you focus on superficial things such as looks, then don't be surprised if the women also look for superficial things. Maybe the women you would rate as 9s and 10s are somewhere other than bars.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:25 PM

214 posts, read 260,464 times
This city-data thread is starting to turn into a reddit thread.

I can't get dates so I lower my standards... But lowering my standards is lame.

I give up, I am going to become a celibate Buddhist monk.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:32 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,954,374 times
^ downvote on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver