Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 10:57 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,518,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Microbrew.
and edibles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 11:00 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,285,091 times
Denver omelets.

Old 01-17-2016, 12:35 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,046,522 times
I just heard the other day somebody describe In-N-Out perfect. It’s McDonald’s, with grilled onions.

Old 01-17-2016, 01:15 PM

556 posts, read 764,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I just heard the other day somebody describe In-N-Out perfect. It’s McDonald’s, with grilled onions.
That person has clearly never had in n out.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:31 PM

100 posts, read 122,704 times
During my time in SoCal, I always found Fatburger better than In-n-Out, not that the latter was bad by any means.

As for Colorado signature dishes, Rocky Mtn Oysters probably is the most notable, but I know The Fort in Morrison served bone marrow (bison or cow legbone sawed in half), which I can't imagine is readily available in much of the country. And there is the trout you landed that day cooking over your campfire.

As for green chili, which should be consumed with almost every meal, I tend to think of N.M. more than Colorado, although I had a green chili stew at Wolf Creek many years ago that was satori in a spoon.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:16 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,133,227 times
Breakfast burritos, smothered with green chile.

Old 01-18-2016, 02:55 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,046,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyatwork37 View Post
That person has clearly never had in n out.
That doesn’t even make sense. How could someone make a comparison of something they never heard of? I think it is you who doesn’t know much about In-n-Out. Because I have heard of it, I have eaten it, and that comment was spot on.

Pimp In-n-Out all you want, but it the same fast food crap that McDonald’s serves.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:21 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,978,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloo66 View Post
Do we really need another chain fast food in Denver? Yes, their meals are cheap and delicious, but come on! Denver the city with no culinary identity aka nowhere America. What are some of the iconic restaurants/local favorites in Denver? Philadelphia is known for philly cheesestakes, Boston Lobster Salad Sandwiches, San Francisco Crab, New York Pizza, Chicago Pizza. Denver?
Burritos with whole beans.

Yes, Denver needs all the fast food chains it can get. There aren't nearly enough drive-thru Mexican or greasy burger joints here, IMO even Colorado Springs beats us there per-capita.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:26 AM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,443,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Burritos with whole beans.

Yes, Denver needs all the fast food chains it can get. There aren't nearly enough drive-thru Mexican or greasy burger joints here, IMO even Colorado Springs beats us there per-capita.
Shake Shack is bound to come to Denver soon, IMO. Already popping up in other West coast cities and Texas.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:03 AM

26,239 posts, read 49,129,254 times
Ate at an In-N-Out Burger joint in Phoenix, AZ last week. They have decent burgers and fries, we'd patronize the chain if it were here.

My current fave is Culver's Pepper Grinder Pub Burger; if it's still being offered I suggest y'all try one.

Denver seems a bit late getting some of the big chains. IMO it's due to being isolated a good 500 miles from any other major city. Denver is a thousand miles from the west coast with a mass of high mountains between the two which makes for expensive distribution.

In California there are 40M people in close proximity which makes for very efficient distribution, not to mention a critical mass of clientele driving by every day. Denver is just now getting some La Madeleine eateries which is a nice chain of French Bistros with some very good eats. We had them back east a good 20 years ago, or more. The more choices the better. The east coast is even bigger and denser, from Maine to Miami so you get every chain eatery on earth along the eastern seaboard.

There's no shortage of good burgers in Denver so it doesn't matter if In-N-Out Burger ignores this market. IMO being a diehard fan of any chain is as much about being a fetish as it is about the food.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver