Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines
 [Register]
Des Moines Dallas, Guthrie, Madison, Polk, and Warren Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 10:08 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,288,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post

I like my store that also has milk in a cooler at the front of the store, right by the registers.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:14 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,682,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorcyfan View Post
People like you suck up all the trash printed in columns that spew conspiracy TRUTHS as to why the milk is at the back of the store. IT'S WHERE THE ROOM FOR THE COOLERS ARE, JUST LIKE THE FREEZERS FOR FROZEN ARE AND MEAT COOLERS ARE. MILK by it's size and quantity needs , along with MEAT AND FROZEN require large coolers and freezers and are most always placed at the perimeter and back of the store. Maybe you should ask someone who designs grocery store layouts if he too, like you believes all the junk science espoused by grocery column writers that always think everything is a conspiracy by to the store to gyp you, take your money and make you walk deep into the store for what you want. There design logistics for the above, not greed.

I will admit that there store chains, HINKY DINKY for one, who delighted in putting ketchup in one aisle and mustard in a different aisle.

I spent 30 yrs in the grocery business as a vendor, selling to major chains in the Midwest and visited and helped set up over 500 new stores in my career.....I never in my life ever saw a store set up with the aim of of trying to delay the customer from checking out by putting everything as far from the checkout lanes as possible. By the way things on the bottom shelf are usually there for the larger quantity packout and yes every product wants to be at eye level for best visibility.

You do have a point with the mega sized grocery stores these days where the physical size of the store overwhelms your shopping time constraints, your stamina and shopping cart size. One stop shopping can be overdone.
Conspiracy theories? Overreact much? Tin foil hat time.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:15 AM

52 posts, read 125,657 times
Yes, and you just got YOUR TIN HAT handed to you. Unfortunately, you're one of those who must believe everything some stupid hack writer write on grocery store layout without ever using your head to see the actual reasons. Some stores have now installed small coffin coolers for milk up front just for people like you who can't walk, talk and chew gum at the same time. Just keep sucking up all the good misinformation on grocery store conspiracies. Don't bother to actually think.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:06 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,599,549 times
This has got to be one of the most odd, pointless, hilarious threads on CD. Hurray for Iowa!

Old 09-26-2015, 06:39 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
This has got to be one of the most odd, pointless, hilarious threads on CD. Hurray for Iowa!

Iowa really is not like this. We lived the last six years there and never once encountered anything like what is described here.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:15 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,682,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorcyfan View Post
Yes, and you just got YOUR TIN HAT handed to you. Unfortunately, you're one of those who must believe everything some stupid hack writer write on grocery store layout without ever using your head to see the actual reasons. Some stores have now installed small coffin coolers for milk up front just for people like you who can't walk, talk and chew gum at the same time. Just keep sucking up all the good misinformation on grocery store conspiracies. Don't bother to actually think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
And the poster I quoted first is at the top of the wacko list.

On a more sane note this is by far the dumbest, most pointless thread i nave ever seen on CD. It sure did bring out a nutcase or two.

I do appreciate the ignore feature on CD. Time to use it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines