Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:47 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,352,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
Outsiders never are so concerned with "the citizens of Detroit" lmao So why now?
I do not believe this is true any more than I believe outsiders don't care what happens to the citizens of Ann Arbor or Lansing or Marquette. I am sorry that you apparently do. Some of the citizens I care about are the children of Tamara Green. I care very much that they should receive closure and justice, just as I think the families of every shooting victim should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 09:10 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,395,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
This is a very serious issue that people are rightly concerned about. This is about whether or not we are going to allow politicians to engage in corruption and scumbaggery (hey, I made up a word), and one of the best ways to prevent that is to severely punish the ones we catch. People need to know that there is justice and that it is worth it to be honest and law-abiding. If people start to lose faith in the government and the rule of law then our entire society could collapse because no one could trust anyone or anything.

well the US should have been punishing politicians smh. Like I already I doubt if he was the mayor of any other city they would blow it up like they do. So once again as a resident of DETROIT not the burbs I wish the media would shut up!

Old 05-26-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
I do not believe this is true any more than I believe outsiders don't care what happens to the citizens of Ann Arbor or Lansing or Marquette. I am sorry that you apparently do. Some of the citizens I care about are the children of Tamara Green. I care very much that they should receive closure and justice, just as I think the families of every shooting victim should.
HA! that is a total joke. I live here, have all my life. When people of city are killing each other, all the other politicians doing wrong, the crime etc NO ONE CARES! The only time people talk about it is to say "look Detroit is so bad". Now people care smh yea right. I don't doubt you care about Tamara Green. I'm not saying you don't. But lets be real here. Metro Detroit hates the city. The media hates the city. People who have never been here hate the city. No one is saying "oh lets change the city" but now people care?????

Old 05-28-2010, 06:18 PM

45 posts, read 95,908 times
What I don't get is that nobody has proof that the Tamara Green death even relates to Kwame, but you guys want him in jail for it?

The "let's make an example out of a politician" attitude is silly. If Detroit is owed money from Kwame then fine, make him pay it back, but make everybody else who owes Detroit pay their money back too, or put them in jail too. EVERYBODY should be held accountable.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolcraft View Post
What I don't get is that nobody has proof that the Tamara Green death even relates to Kwame, but you guys want him in jail for it?

The "let's make an example out of a politician" attitude is silly. If Detroit is owed money from Kwame then fine, make him pay it back, but make everybody else who owes Detroit pay their money back too, or put them in jail too. EVERYBODY should be held accountable.
my point exactly! where was this attitude when people were saying Archer and Coleman were stealing???

Old 05-29-2010, 06:53 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
Mayor Dennis Archer was "stealing"?

First I've ever heard of this...does detroitlove have anything on Mr. Archer that no one else knows?

Old 05-29-2010, 11:58 AM

272 posts, read 724,323 times
Quote:

That's why people are looking for a link between Kwame and the others and her death.

There are not a lot of people out there who owe $800,000 plus for one. And he DOES need to be made example of for his flagrant violation of the law.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivoniaMi View Post
That's why people are looking for a link between Kwame and the others and her death.

There are not a lot of people out there who owe $800,000 plus for one. And he DOES need to be made example of for his flagrant violation of the law.
Yes "looking for" but not "finding" after years and years of looking which probably means he had nothing to do with it. Tamara Green had a drug dealer for a boyfriend, and probably kept bad company... How about looking in that direction for a killer?

I don't care who owes what. Make everybody pay. If you've got one guy who owes a million dollars and is actually making payments and other people who owe less who aren't making payments at all, which is worse? Hate for politicians is no reason to punish them but turn around and excuse other citizens who owe.

The people involved were targeting Kwame... he makes himself an easy target which is stupid of him, but having vendettas against people is not a reason to send him to Jackson for 2+ years, especially if this is about money (Which is something the city won't get back now that he doesn't have a job). He already did time for a year so what are we trying to prove here?

Old 05-29-2010, 02:50 PM

5 posts, read 21,874 times
Schoolcraft,
The law is the LAW. Have you looked up the actual crimes that Mr. Kilpatrick is guilty of?
If you owe someone money and they catch you for a different robbery; is it a good defense to say; don't send me to prison or I can't pay this person I owe money??? or what about my babies??!!! There are alot of criminals with families and kids (and who owe people money), they still go to prison.

NOW, that being said, I am tired of hearing about Kuame. I wouldn't have even charged him. Let Karmonos pay his tab and keep him in Texas and leave him there. Kuame is a perfect representative of how the city he governed functioned. It's a "pay-for-play" city in my small opinion. I think Mr. Riddles described Detroit as a third world country without the chickens roaming the streets (and I think he is accurate).

Quote:
Yes "looking for" but not "finding" after years and years of looking which probably means he had nothing to do with it. Tamara Green had a drug dealer for a boyfriend, and probably kept bad company... How about looking in that direction for a killer?

I don't care who owes what. Make everybody pay. If you've got one guy who owes a million dollars and is actually making payments and other people who owe less who aren't making payments at all, which is worse? Hate for politicians is no reason to punish them but turn around and excuse other citizens who owe.

The people involved were targeting Kwame... he makes himself an easy target which is stupid of him, but having vendettas against people is not a reason to send him to Jackson for 2+ years, especially if this is about money (Which is something the city won't get back now that he doesn't have a job). He already did time for a year so what are we trying to prove here?

Old 05-29-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansando View Post
Schoolcraft,
The law is the LAW. Have you looked up the actual crimes that Mr. Kilpatrick is guilty of?
If you owe someone money and they catch you for a different robbery; is it a good defense to say; don't send me to prison or I can't pay this person I owe money??? or what about my babies??!!! There are alot of criminals with families and kids (and who owe people money), they still go to prison.

NOW, that being said, I am tired of hearing about Kuame. I wouldn't have even charged him. Let Karmonos pay his tab and keep him in Texas and leave him there. Kuame is a perfect representative of how the city he governed functioned. It's a "pay-for-play" city in my small opinion. I think Mr. Riddles described Detroit as a third world country without the chickens roaming the streets (and I think he is accurate).
I agree that the law is the law brian, and Kilpatrick plead guilty to lying under oath and no contest to assaulting an officer... and he did his time for it, and was paying restitution for it, and he resigned as mayor, etc, etc.... and because most folks felt that wasn't enough because he's a cocky guy, they wanted to put him in jail. This was not about paying money, this was about getting somebody that they wanted to get a deeper penalty because of a vendetta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit