Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 09:16 AM

272 posts, read 724,712 times

Advertisements

Finally, justice. 5 years in Jackson. Doesn't know if his wife works....doesn't know how much they pay in rent a month.....please.

http://detnews.com/article/20100525/METRO01/5250384/Judge-says-Kilpatrick-lied--sends-him-to-prison-up-to-5-years (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 09:42 AM

1,107 posts, read 3,073,601 times
Any word if Kilpatrick has been fired from his job?

Kilpatrick backer now his employer | detnews.com | The Detroit News
Quote:
Peter Karmanos supported and defended Kwame Kilpatrick through controversies and even the spectacular scandal that forced the former mayor from office and put him behind bars for 99 days.

Karmanos Defends Kilpatrick Hiring || WXYZ.com | WXYZ-TV / Detroit | Detroit News, Weather, Sports and More
Quote:
Speaking on 760 WJR's Paul W. Smith show, Karmanos says the decision to hire Kilpatrick is a good business decision. He also says that if Kilpatrick gets into any more trouble, he will be terminated. Karmanos says he told Kilpatrick "if another shoe drops, you understand you are not working here."

Old 05-25-2010, 03:00 PM

902 posts, read 1,927,574 times
I'm betting the IRS will want to know where the money came from . Who's next , Bernard Kilpatrick ? lol

Kwame heads to jail-kk.jpg

Old 05-25-2010, 03:08 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,070,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivoniaMi View Post
Finally, justice. 5 years in Jackson. Doesn't know if his wife works....doesn't know how much they pay in rent a month.....please.
Hooray! Too bad he's not going down for involvement in the hit on Tamara "Strawberry" Greene. I can hardly believe it. I think the judge also said he has to pay back the balance of restitution as a condition of parole, $860,000.

I figured he had so many influential friends that he would never face any real jail time. I'm sure that his lawyers will appeal and try to appeal it all the way up to the U.S. Supreme Court if they can.

Quote:
(From the Detroit News Article) Immediately following the sentencing, Kilpatrick's employer, Detroit-based Compuware, announced in a release that "Kwame Kilpatrick will be off the Compuware Corporation payroll at the end of the month."
----------
Kilpatrick had been working as a medical record security software salesman for Covisint, a subsidiary of Compuware. He had been earning $120,000 a year, and the firm had said he had the potential of tripling that figure with bonuses and commissions. However, in more than a year on the job, it is believed Kilpatrick has yet to close a deal.
His lawyers are also hoping to obtain a stay of his sentence, so it's possible that he might not see any or much jail time at all.

Finally, he gets fired and this sham of his being employed ends. However, he might still be on the payroll. Will he receive a huge payment of some sort for all of the great work he's done for Compuware? I won't be at all surprised if he is quietly showered with monetary gifts and whatnot after he gets out of prison, assuming that he does any time at all.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:37 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,398,246 times
lol I hope Kwame is sitting back laughing at all of you for being sooooo concerned with him and his butt does not even live in MI anymore. Smh

Old 05-25-2010, 05:22 PM

272 posts, read 724,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
lol I hope Kwame is sitting back laughing at all of you for being sooooo concerned with him and his butt does not even live in MI anymore. Smh

The main issue is him getting what he so badly deserves. Whether he lives in Michigan or not is irrelevant. And as a previous poster said, I'd love to see him and the rest caught on the murder of the dancer.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:59 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,073,601 times
Quote:
Will you lend me $1 million? I'll pay you back like Kwame pays back.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:29 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,250,221 times
Quote:

Might not live in Michigan, but the courts OWN his behind...and he will be a guest of the state for a few years....now he gets to share with Uncle Bubba....

Old 05-26-2010, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivoniaMi View Post
The main issue is him getting what he so badly deserves. Whether he lives in Michigan or not is irrelevant. And as a previous poster said, I'd love to see him and the rest caught on the murder of the dancer.
And like I said he doesn't live here anymore. Gosh get over it. Focus on bringing back the city and forget Kwame (for Detroiters). No one should care enough to make a thread about it. I'm so sick and tired of the media talking about him or outsiders still bringing him up. Lets face it there have been politicians doing far worst. Everything from stealing money (oh yes Kwame is not the first and will not be the last) to getting caught smoking crack in hotels with prostitutes smh. Trust if he wasn't "Detroit's" mayor it would not be as big of a deal.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwo85 View Post
Will you lend me $1 million? I'll pay you back like Kwame pays back.
^^^childish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit