Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 12:33 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
People who are not doctors yet they post in threads like they know all about diabetes are a dangerous joke and should be ignored.
Quote:
Oh yeah, it's a great post....unless you have diabetes.
While you mean well you come off as a snarky ner-do-well.

Community sharing is an important part of health and well being so discussions here accomplish that for many people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 12:48 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
While you mean well you come off as a snarky ner-do-well.

Community sharing is an important part of health and well being so discussions here accomplish that for many people.
I really don't give a dam*, in this case. There is so much misinformation posted by people that may very well "mean well" that it is a detriment to those of us that are suffering and possibly dieing.
I do understand your point, and thank you....but the bad outweighs the good, at least in this case. When you have posts like some of the above, I'm afraid someone just might listen to that nonsense.
Less than 1 year ago, I was almost dead.
Now, I am doing much better.
Let's hear from medically trained individuals and from the people that are living the nightmare.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:27 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times
Quote:
I really don't give a dam*, in this case. There is so much misinformation posted by people that may very well "mean well" that it is a detriment to those of us that are suffering and possibly dieing.
I do understand your point, and thank you....but the bad outweighs the good, at least in this case. When you have posts like some of the above, I'm afraid someone just might listen to that nonsense.
Let's hear from medically trained individuals and from the people that are living the nightmare.
Please don't let your passion override here. What you and I are discussing is really off topic. So what say we get back on topic with a lot less passion..OK??

Old 05-31-2011, 04:01 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Sure. Let's make like many of us are not dieing. I say it's okay to eat eggs. And let's give "LaidBackHippie" some doughnuts. Everything's great. The Metformin is Formaldehyde, so don't take that life-saving medicine. Eat whatever any poster(s) say you can. Let's just ignore the facts. I mean, what the heck. I'll shut-up now. Let's hear from the people without diabetes about what's good or not. After all, I don't want to be off-topic.
Don't worry, I'll disappear from here now.
Just carry on with the crap. Hey, that way we will be "on topic".

Old 05-31-2011, 10:11 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,688,423 times
FYI - I can and process half of my jams and jellies with saccharin, NutraSweet, and even stevia to accommodate my diabetic friends. I also cooked and baked for my diabetic father for 20 years, and kept him on wholesome food that his diabetic body could process with less stress on his organs, and without causing those fluctuations in his BGL that were so detrimental. He died at the age of 73, with all of his extremities and his eyes intact - of a brain aneurysm. He remained physically active and mentally alert right up until the last.

There ARE ways to accommodate the diabetic lifestyle without being terrified, resentful, and/or angry. <shrug>

Old 05-31-2011, 11:23 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:

Uh.....are you going to recruit a bunch of Doctors to fill up the health threads??? I mean, come on, people are smart enough to figure out what advice they want to follow.

And besides, from what I have seen.......lots of doctors don't know what the H*LL they are talking about.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Sure. Let's make like many of us are not dieing. I say it's okay to eat eggs. And let's give "LaidBackHippie" some doughnuts. Everything's great. The Metformin is Formaldehyde, so don't take that life-saving medicine. Eat whatever any poster(s) say you can. Let's just ignore the facts. I mean, what the heck. I'll shut-up now. Let's hear from the people without diabetes about what's good or not. After all, I don't want to be off-topic.
Don't worry, I'll disappear from here now.
Just carry on with the crap. Hey, that way we will be "on topic".

The topic is EGGS and do they raise the risk of Diabetes......care to chime in on THE SUBJECT at hand.

Me personally, I feel it is just another junk study, eggs are very low in carbs and high in nutrition.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:32 AM

7,127 posts, read 12,667,756 times
According to the findings in The China Study, eating a high protein animal-based diet (including eggs) does have a correlation between incidences of diabetes, both Type I & Type II.

Those studied, eating a mostly whole plant-based diet had much, much less diabetes, heart disease and cancers than our Western population with our high animal protein diets...

I suggest reading the book and drawing your own conclusions. It's pretty convincing and written by the tops in his field, Dr. Colin Campbell.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
According to the findings in The China Study, eating a high protein animal-based diet (including eggs) does have a correlation between incidences of diabetes, both Type I & Type II.

Those studied, eating a mostly whole plant-based diet had much, much less diabetes, heart disease and cancers than our Western population with our high animal protein diets...

I suggest reading the book and drawing your own conclusions. It's pretty convincing and written by the tops in his field, Dr. Colin Campbell.
That study, from all I have read..............at least non-biased, non-vegan sources, is junk and very selective in what information it used.

Man has evolved and thrived on EGGS and Meat for thousands of years.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:20 PM

7,127 posts, read 12,667,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
That study, from all I have read..............at least non-biased, non-vegan sources, is junk and very selective in what information it used.

Man has evolved and thrived on EGGS and Meat for thousands of years.
Man has thrived on a high animal protein diet?? Hardly. Every headline we read on the condition of our public and individual health decries our epidemic crisis in diabetes, cancer and obesity--that's not my definition of 'thriving,' though it may be yours. No, our meat/egg Western diet is killing us, my friend.

We're swallowing statins and blood pressure meds by the millions and having heart procedures at an ever younger age. And obesity--well, you've read about its growth--even among young kids. It's deplorable. It's certainly not 'thriving' -- more like dying.

Again, I advise every thinking person reading this to read The China Study and form your own conclusions. Dr. Colin Campbell is highly regarded in this field of nutrition/'disease and has the credentials and has served in the highest capacity in private and public health organizations.

Of course, the meat and dairy industry will tell you differently--but follow the money. They care not about our health crisis but about their bottom lines.

It's time we educate ourselves about the truth, and the China Study is a good place to start.

Last edited by LittleDolphin; 06-01-2011 at 08:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes