Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 03:26 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
And what about doctors who do not know squat about nutrition....what do we do with them???
Exactly. I know a physician who gulps down pills -- one is for high cholesterol because he says he would rather risk hurting his liver with the medicine than give up the foods he likes most.

Check out the life-spans of doctors -- many don't live especially long. You're really better off asking some healthy and active 96 your old advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 03:30 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacman View Post
- Eggs and not food(or they'd grow in trees. Chickens don't produce eggs for others to eat.
Trees and plants actually don't produce fruit for others to eat. And in nature, the fruits produced are much smaller because to get those big apples and huge strawberries, you have to manipulate the plants and trees.

Eggs are a very natural food for people -- just like they are for snakes, cats, raccoons -- but so are the chickens.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:33 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,382,732 times
Here's an idea, eat nothing period.
That should satisfy every study concerning every food group or type.
Moderation is the key.

Eat well, enjoy your life.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:12 PM

22,658 posts, read 24,581,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Trees and plants actually don't produce fruit for others to eat. And in nature, the fruits produced are much smaller because to get those big apples and huge strawberries, you have to manipulate the plants and trees.

Eggs are a very natural food for people -- just like they are for snakes, cats, raccoons -- but so are the chickens.

Great point....don't forget Monkeys and Apes...they love eggs!!!

And the selfishness of plant eaters..........the horrific screams plants let out when they are slaughtered by selfish plant hunters/murderers!!!!

Old 09-24-2012, 12:21 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,610,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
I asked one of my Drs yesterday [a diabetic specalist] and he laughed for over a minute. He told me that is NOT true. Eggs will lower blood sugar and is very healthy for diabetics.

I eat 2 per day and my blood sugars are excellent.
These studies usually are questionnaire format. Thus who knows what folks say, or remember, or even equate w/ the questions asked. Also, the folks eating eggs that they claim cause diabetes, most likely eat junk along w/ it. They eat pancakes drenched in sugar-laden syrup. They may eat fatty bacon w/ it. Also, they may smoke, drink too much, etc.

Overall their health habits alone, are enough to confound variables in studies, let alone be simply asked to assess their "egg eating habits". So as one can see these studies mean very little, til a controlled proper study reveals eggs as problem.

I'm limiting them to a few/wk rather than 1/day & still erroring on side of caution just in case, but while being prudent, actually it probably just placates my fears/worry & makes me "feel" as if I'm doing something cautious re: my health. But in reality who knows what, if anything, I'm doing pro or con to assist my health overall.

Ok, rant/rambling over.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:30 AM

6 posts, read 7,175 times
These studies are just based on opinions of chosen people to participate on the survey. But rest assured that most fruits and veggies are really good for the health and can definitely be used in good and scheduled diet.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:12 AM

6 posts, read 7,175 times
Eggs can minimize sugar level in a way. It has its own ways.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:59 PM

3 posts, read 2,983 times
I never heard eggs can increase sugar level before this. Egg yolks are supposed to increase cholesterol but diabetes? that's new!

Old 02-11-2013, 12:13 PM

178 posts, read 355,343 times
I dont think so that egg can raise the rik of having diabetes! it has only a bit of carb per serving. on the other hand it benefits you with high amount of protein. there are other risk factors like high consumption of sugar, poor diet and lack in physical fitness which increases the risk of diabetes.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:44 PM

2 posts, read 3,257 times
This is ridiculous ! I haevnt ever heard about it. I eat egg in breakfast every morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes