Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 12:28 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
And have my blood taken? I don't think so. Not happening.
Dont be stupid. IF you have diabetes and this was a diabetic incident, take it from me - things can go downhill REAL fast. Man up, see the doctor, and start taking responsibility for your own health. Or live in pain for a very long time when you can no longer live in denial.

Best wishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 06:12 PM

181 posts, read 499,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Dont be stupid. IF you have diabetes and this was a diabetic incident, take it from me - things can go downhill REAL fast. Man up, see the doctor, and start taking responsibility for your own health. Or live in pain for a very long time when you can no longer live in denial.

Best wishes.
I had my blood taken once and I think I almost fainted. It was rather unpleasant.

And you need to understand you can't just go to the doctor everytime something feels slightly off. On a typical day, my back aches a little, I feel a tingle in my leg, I have strange rashes, etc. Most of the time, the problem correct itself. Now imagine if I went to the doctor over every little story.

That's why I'm asking here instead. So let's not overdramatize.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:19 PM

792 posts, read 1,176,331 times
If you're going to ask a question like that you need to give us more information. That's just like coming on here and asking Do I have cancer because I felt funny the other day.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:02 AM

1,787 posts, read 5,746,159 times
Quote:
I had my blood taken once and I think I almost fainted. It was rather unpleasant.

And you need to understand you can't just go to the doctor everytime something feels slightly off. On a typical day, my back aches a little, I feel a tingle in my leg, I have strange rashes, etc. Most of the time, the problem correct itself. Now imagine if I went to the doctor over every little story.

You have to figure out why you almost fainted when you had blood taken. Was it your position? You can lay down instead of sitting up. Was it the sight of blood or the needle? Don't look! I don't!! I hate the sight of needles...especially when the needle pokes the skin.

You do need to have your blood checked. Do what the other poster said, go to Walmart and get the A1C test kit for $9 and you can do it yourself with a prick of your finger [without the needle]. Diabetes is serious; your glucose can drop so low or raise so high, you can go into a diabetic coma.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:22 AM

813 posts, read 1,272,315 times
Quote:

With the symptoms you list here, sounds more like Lyme Disease than Diabetes.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:22 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,791,358 times
Quote:

First time I had my blood taken I did faint. Dead away. Both of my daughters did too. None of us ever did again. Don't be silly.

Anyway, who is overdramatizing? You came on here to ask if you have diabetes? None of us came after you first. You remind me of my dd when she was two: "Mommy, where is that car going?" I always wanted to say, "How the he!! should I know?"

Old 11-11-2013, 05:58 PM

181 posts, read 499,495 times
So what's the point of this health forum than? Why bother posting ANYTHING, just go to the doctor instead. Just take out a pamphlet. Just look it up on Wikipedia.

And second of all, I just wanted to know if being light-headed was even a sign of diabetes. As someone informed me, I didn't even know that sugar doesn't contribute to diabetes. This is why I ask these questions.

I didn't ask for a medical report. Calm down.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:10 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,791,358 times
Quote:
, I didn't even know that sugar doesn't contribute to diabetes. This is why I ask these questions.
Pssst, sugar does contribute to diabetes. Yes I know the ADA says it doesn't but they know where they get much of their funds from. Case in point: American Diabetes Association Makes Sweet Deal with Cadbury Schweppes | PR Watch

Quote:
"If you are wondering why Americans are losing the wars on cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, you might look at the funding sources of the major public health groups," Russell Mokhiber and Robert Weissman write: "Big corporations dump big money into these groups. And pretty soon, the groups start taking the line of the big corporations. Case in point: the American Diabetes Association (ADA). Earlier this month, the ADA cut a deal with candy and soda pop maker Cadbury Schweppes. Here's the deal - Cadbury Schweppes kicks in a couple million dollars to the ADA. In return, the company gets to use the ADA label on its diet drinks - plus the positive publicity generated by the deal.
Just follow the money.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:24 AM

526 posts, read 900,661 times
OK, let's take a step back here. You had a wave of fatigue. Ummm... so what? Is there anyone in the world who doesn't occasionally have a wave of fatigue? If you have no other reason to suspect diabetes, then why in the world do you think that's what it is? If it hasn't happened again and you've been fine since, then it's not worth another thought.

I'm not disagreeing with the other posters who say you're an idiot for avoiding doctor's visits. If you have a real reason to go to the doctor, then man up and go! But if your only symptom is an isolated wave of fatigue then a doctor's visit is a little premature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes