Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 09:56 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,732,560 times

Advertisements

I can't find any shoes that are comfortable and now I'm thinking of laying out the $$ for diabetic shoes. I need a wide width but also the "toe box" HAS to be WIDE. I can't seem to find something like this anywhere. I *think* I might have seen something like this on Zappos, but I'm not sure if the toe box was actually wide enough.

Does anyone here know of any good shoes or sneakers with a wide toe box? The wider the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 03:11 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,218,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I can't find any shoes that are comfortable and now I'm thinking of laying out the $$ for diabetic shoes. I need a wide width but also the "toe box" HAS to be WIDE. I can't seem to find something like this anywhere. I *think* I might have seen something like this on Zappos, but I'm not sure if the toe box was actually wide enough.

Does anyone here know of any good shoes or sneakers with a wide toe box? The wider the better.
This may not help at all but the way I found a pair like that (not diabetic) was to read reviews, the complaints...(mostly on Amazon where there are usually lots of them) and find complaints about them being too wide in the toe.
Ah ha! Just what I want and turned out perfect.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:20 AM

Which ones did you end up buying?

Old 12-17-2013, 07:32 PM

295 posts, read 833,249 times
Not sure if you're looking for men's or women's, but I buy the Thom McCan loafers at KMart. They sell them in wide width and they're very comfortable. They're not "diabetic" shoes, just comfy and wide in the toe box. I started buying them a few years back at my local KMart but they closed it so now I order at KMart online. About $25 if I remember correctly. I don't know where else to buy that brand but maybe if there's a Thom McCan store in your area...

Old 12-17-2013, 09:26 PM

I'll check it out. I'm looking for women's shoes but, at this point, I'm willing to try almost anything! MY FEET ARE KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2013, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Which ones did you end up buying?
Ryka sneakers.
I can't promise it's so for every style but it worked for me.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:56 PM

295 posts, read 833,249 times
Quote:
I'll check it out. I'm looking for women's shoes but, at this point, I'm willing to try almost anything! MY FEET ARE KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wear women's too and I have a small foot but the Thom McCan comes in a wide width that is perfect for me. Stylish too, IMO.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:52 AM

You mention women's shoes...before I found these, I did buy sneakers for men. Could usually find a style so the looks were fine and in most cases, found that they were more generous in the toe.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivettes View Post
I wear women's too and I have a small foot but the Thom McCan comes in a wide width that is perfect for me. Stylish too, IMO.

Are they wide in the toe box? That's what I really need.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You mention women's shoes...before I found these, I did buy sneakers for men. Could usually find a style so the looks were fine and in most cases, found that they were more generous in the toe.

I was looking for men's sneakers knowing they are always cut a bit wider but the store where I was looking only had really ugly, man-looking sneakers --- you know, the kind that look like they come pre-dirty? Gross.

I'm going to take a look in Modells -- they have so many brands/styles, I'm bound to find some good sneakers.

Now.... if I could only find some winter boots and shoes. I bought some Totes boots. Very cute but not wide enough in the toe box and they killed my toes when i wore them the other day. My daughter is going to take them off my hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes