Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 07:04 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,558,383 times

Advertisements

I believe type two diabetes is caused, in part, by excessive unabsorbed calcium in the blood stream. It gets into the cells and blocks the insulin receptors. This causes insulin resistance and eventually diabetes. As the insulin cannot connect to the cell and open the cell both insulin and sugar are trapped outside the cell.

Look up intracellular calcium and insulin resistance.

There is also a ton of circumstantial evidence -
calcium channel blockers (pills that keep calcium out of the cell) is proven to increase insulin sensitivity.
Magnesium is proven to increase insulin sensitivity.
Vitamin D is proven to increase insulin sensitivity.
K2 is proven to increase insulin sensitivity.
Diabetes has increased since the 1980s -- when the *calcium* is needed for bone health movement got going.

And finally, fasting / dieting is proven to increase insulin sensitivity. Because you get less calcium!

Nothing to lose to giving it a 6 month shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 04:00 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,005,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
I believe type two diabetes is caused, in part, by excessive unabsorbed calcium in the blood stream. It gets into the cells and blocks the insulin receptors. This causes insulin resistance and eventually diabetes. As the insulin cannot connect to the cell and open the cell both insulin and sugar are trapped outside the cell.

Look up intracellular calcium and insulin resistance.

There is also a ton of circumstantial evidence -
calcium channel blockers (pills that keep calcium out of the cell) is proven to increase insulin sensitivity.
Magnesium is proven to increase insulin sensitivity.
Vitamin D is proven to increase insulin sensitivity.
K2 is proven to increase insulin sensitivity.
Diabetes has increased since the 1980s -- when the *calcium* is needed for bone health movement got going.

And finally, fasting / dieting is proven to increase insulin sensitivity. Because you get less calcium!

Nothing to lose to giving it a 6 month shot.
Another partial reason why diabetes is on the rise is EMF exposure. Certain EMFs cause calcium efflux into the bloodstream!

Diabetes can't be "cured", because it's a spectrum, not a set disease. Give a person 1 kg of sugar at dinner. Most will have dramatically raised blood sugar (diabetes). The diabetes-resistant ones will be highly insulin sensitive, and the sugar will raise fat mass/heat generation/leptin/thyroid/other hormones to burn off or store all that sugar. Once that system can't keep up, it'll resort to excreting excess sugar through urination. Once that system fails, blood sugar will rise and cause many of the complications you see with diabetes. Even the "diabetes-resistant" ones will get diabetes when you give them enough sugar.

Old 12-30-2017, 04:32 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,397,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
Another partial reason why diabetes is on the rise is EMF exposure. Certain EMFs cause calcium efflux into the bloodstream!

Diabetes can't be "cured", because it's a spectrum, not a set disease. Give a person 1 kg of sugar at dinner. Most will have dramatically raised blood sugar (diabetes). The diabetes-resistant ones will be highly insulin sensitive, and the sugar will raise fat mass/heat generation/leptin/thyroid/other hormones to burn off or store all that sugar. Once that system can't keep up, it'll resort to excreting excess sugar through urination. Once that system fails, blood sugar will rise and cause many of the complications you see with diabetes. Even the "diabetes-resistant" ones will get diabetes when you give them enough sugar.
You mean from cell phones? I hadn't heard that one.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:38 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,558,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
You mean from cell phones? I hadn't heard that one.
I hadn't either. Good to know. Makes sense. Just another reason you need to be careful with calcium intake. I am 40+ and overweight and I don't have high blood sugar. Where friend after friend is starting to have "high blood sugar" and can't seem to keep it under control with low carb; my blood sugar remains low. Year after year.

I take Vitamin D, Magnesium, and K2 and avoid high calcium foods. You get sufficient calcium in your diet normally.

I guess now I will be more careful with the cell phone but I already am more careful than most. Making sure to keep it away from me at most times.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:57 AM

102,228 posts, read 108,040,687 times
I've always believed that diabetes can only be managed, not cured. Until a former diabetic friend, and also an endocrinologist, recently told me that "diabetes goes away" when you lose weight. My friend said that hers vanished when she got back to a normal weight, after gaining weight due to illness. She says she's no longer diabetic, and can eat anything, like a normal, healthy person.

So now I don't know what to think, except that in my case (pre-diabetes), this is irrelevant, because my insulin resistance is driven by thyroid disease, not whatever "normal" factors cause diabetes. Thyroid disease predisposes people to diabetes, even if they're slim and trim, like me. I don't know what to think, though, about some patients and doctors saying that diabetes ceases to exist if you get down to a normal weight.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:43 AM

1,884 posts, read 1,005,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've always believed that diabetes can only be managed, not cured. Until a former diabetic friend, and also an endocrinologist, recently told me that "diabetes goes away" when you lose weight. My friend said that hers vanished when she got back to a normal weight, after gaining weight due to illness. She says she's no longer diabetic, and can eat anything, like a normal, healthy person.

So now I don't know what to think, except that in my case (pre-diabetes), this is irrelevant, because my insulin resistance is driven by thyroid disease, not whatever "normal" factors cause diabetes. Thyroid disease predisposes people to diabetes, even if they're slim and trim, like me. I don't know what to think, though, about some patients and doctors saying that diabetes ceases to exist if you get down to a normal weight.
Fat cells are basically a sink for sugar. Most people see obesity as an all-bad disease with no upside, but in my controversial opinion, I think it's actually protective. Sugar goes into their fat cells, instead of causing destruction in the blood. Those thin people who "fail to get obese" and get high blood sugar are actually receiving the most damage, perhaps. Of course, obesity comes with its own complications.

So naturally, the skinnier you are from your "setpoint weight", the more room you have to safely sequester sugar in your fat cells. Especially true if you have a "skinny liver" (opposite of fatty liver).

Old 12-31-2017, 11:55 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,982,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

I'm at a normal weight at 111 pounds (I have always been at a normal weight), and my diabetes has not gone away, has not vanished, I'm still diabetic, can't eat an apple without a blood sugar spike.

Sometimes I wonder if obese diabetic people whose diabetes "goes away" when they lose weight have something more temporary, similar to gestational diabetes, rather than good old regular, every-day, up-in-your-face diabetes like mine.

Last edited by oldgardener; 12-31-2017 at 12:35 PM..

Old 12-31-2017, 06:27 PM

17,603 posts, read 13,388,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmke View Post
Research Dr. Michael Greger and his How not to Die book.
Go to his non profit website Nutritionfacts.org and watch Diabetes videos.
That will sure cure my diabetes

Old 12-31-2017, 06:53 PM

102,228 posts, read 108,040,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
I'm at a normal weight at 111 pounds (I have always been at a normal weight), and my diabetes has not gone away, has not vanished, I'm still diabetic, can't eat an apple without a blood sugar spike.

Sometimes I wonder if obese diabetic people whose diabetes "goes away" when they lose weight have something more temporary, similar to gestational diabetes, rather than good old regular, every-day, up-in-your-face diabetes like mine.
I think that would be a good question to base a study on. Thank you for contributing this!

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 12-31-2017 at 08:00 PM..

Old 12-31-2017, 07:12 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,900,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Absolutely, nothing (yet) will make a failing, or totally non functioning pancreas, to start producing insulin.

I hate to see misleading posts on CD or any forum.

This one could kill someone

I am an APhA Diabetes certified pharmacist
I agree with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes