Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2022, 09:29 AM

398 posts, read 206,154 times

Advertisements

What is Ozempic supposed to do ? The damn TV ad doesn't say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2022, 06:33 PM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_too_sweet View Post
It’s a medication given as a weekly shot. Ozempic is a GLP-1 receptor agonist. Basically it fakes out the body by pretending to be glucagon-like peptide, a hormone that regulates your blood sugar levels through sugar released by the liver after you have eaten a meal. It helps speed up growth of beta cells in the pancreas which helps stimulate insulin secretion. It also slows down the speed with which the stomach empties food, which I am told is the part that helps people lose weight.

For me personally it has greatly lessened the high glucose variance I have suffered from since first being diagnosed in my teens. I have two brothers on Trulicity, which is from the same family of drugs. It has helped both of them with the same problem. I used to be on Victoza, which helped but the Ozempic works better, not to mention going from a daily shot to a weekly one was nice. My brothers both lost weight, in addition to better controlling their diabetes. I have not, but I wasn’t overweight so that might have been the difference.

Old 08-09-2022, 06:51 PM

18,051 posts, read 15,639,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_too_sweet View Post
All the info one could want, and even a brief summary, can be found on the web in like 10 seconds.

Old 10-09-2022, 05:24 PM

2,627 posts, read 1,170,699 times
Jardiance made my joints swell up and my legs swelled up like a blowfish. I felt awful so I called the pharmacist and told them what was happening to me when this new Doctor prescribed Jardiance. I was told to immediately stop taking it. Because it was making me swell up so much it will make my lungs swell up also. I stopped immediately then the swelling went away. That scared the hell out of me I felt terrible and could hardly move from so much swelling. It could also have been that I was prescribed Actos at the same time but I stopped both.

I stick with metformin now. As long as I take it with food I won't end up in the bathroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes