Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 01:29 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,285,398 times

Advertisements

OH another thing Watch those Spices!! I purchase Season All ...But read the lables...McCormic brand has sugar...touards the END of the list. While Walmart brand has sugar 1st on the list!!

And have him follow the directions on this web site....

Use a Glucose Meter to Create the Perfect Diabetes Diet

Once he finds out what he bad for his body then thats half the battle...took me 3 months of testing but it worked. & I weigh almost 300 pounds & cant walk muchless exercise!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 08:40 PM

746 posts, read 3,499,090 times
I have found a lot of diabetes help at the ADA website. The American Diabetes Association has basic information and active bulletin boards dedicated to the problems of diabetics, dieting etc.

You might want to check them out at Message Board List (http://community.diabetes.org/n/forumIndex.aspx?webtag=adaindex - broken link)

I post under the same name there as I do here, and everywhere. There are other diabetes boards as well, but they seem the most practical and down to earth.

I am very impressed with your progress, and think your tactic of getting most of your carbs from veggies and fruits is inspired.

And if you read Gary Taubes book Good Calories, Bad Calories, you will be amazed how far ahead of the dieting trends and news curve you are.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:01 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,008,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
OH another thing Watch those Spices!! I purchase Season All ...But read the lables...McCormic brand has sugar...touards the END of the list. While Walmart brand has sugar 1st on the list!!

And have him follow the directions on this web site....

Use a Glucose Meter to Create the Perfect Diabetes Diet

Once he finds out what he bad for his body then thats half the battle...took me 3 months of testing but it worked. & I weigh almost 300 pounds & cant walk muchless exercise!!
Thanks... I didn't know about the spices...

Old 06-14-2008, 09:49 PM

9,526 posts, read 16,510,276 times
I have been dealing with diabetes and pre diabetes since my early 20's I am now 58. I actually dealt with it longer than that, watching both my parents deal with theirs. I have always and was always taught to make sure I did the test before breakfast, as that was the most important indicator of my management. When one is new to diabetes or as the disease advances it is best to check after meals also and especially after exercise or during if one feels low. I have always exercised and lifted weights since youth so I always check immediately after a workout as I usually will be low. Make sure you carry some type of glucose if you exercise and feel yourself becoming low. If you do what your suppose to do with this disease ,it can make life alot easier on you, and the disease can most usually be managed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes