Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 07:00 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,141,031 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever used this supplement?

Our insurance agent is recommending it as something that might be able to help me get off injectibles and/or insulin in conjunction with proper diet, exercise, etc...

I'm a type 2 diabetic taking metformin 1x/day and 10u Lantus, 2x/day. Unless I've done something totally stupid (like have a GREAT meal - LOL), my bg levels are usually 75-85 waking and up to 150 2 hrs after meals.

I'm hoping to find some feedback on it before I plop $40 on it.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 09:36 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,257,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Has anyone ever used this supplement?

Our insurance agent is recommending it as something that might be able to help me get off injectibles and/or insulin in conjunction with proper diet, exercise, etc...

I'm a type 2 diabetic taking metformin 1x/day and 10u Lantus, 2x/day. Unless I've done something totally stupid (like have a GREAT meal - LOL), my bg levels are usually 75-85 waking and up to 150 2 hrs after meals.

I'm hoping to find some feedback on it before I plop $40 on it.

Thanks!
Talk to your healthcare provider not your insurance agent...

There are no known supplements that will "cure" diabetes and negate the need for medications....

Old 02-20-2009, 09:58 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,141,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Talk to your healthcare provider not your insurance agent...

There are no known supplements that will "cure" diabetes and negate the need for medications....
Already in the works with a phone call/question in to the doctor. I need to be on a multi-vitamin anyway so I wanted to see if this would be beneficial.

I know that there is no cure for diabetes but I do know of several people personally who are no longer on injectible insulin because of loss in weight, change in diet, exercise, etc...Not saying they are no longer diabetic or that it would necessarily work for me. I am inquiring mostly because I learned recently that I am uninsurable but would have a better chance of getting SOME kind of coverage if I weren't on injectibles.

If this type of supplement might be helpful, I'd like to know.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:53 PM

746 posts, read 3,504,574 times
This forum is a magnet for fake and phony products and cures, and GlucoPower is just another con for gullible people, and could be dangerous to a diabetic. It is as glorified vitamin pill with a high pricetag, and no proven results. it has never been properly tested, its claims have never been verified, and from what I found, it is just a concoction for the easily swayed manufactured in pretty packaging in India.

This statement sometimes appears along with any claims they make, and is a lie on it face, though it often is not even included:

Quote:
Disclaimer: The FDA has not evaluated the statements herein. We are obligated to tell you that, in spite of the hundreds of research studies freely available on the internet at PUBMED indicating otherwise*, GlucoPower is not intended to treat any disease.
Pubmed has only six studies vaguely related to this claim, and they are on some of the ingredients in Gluco Power, not the product itself.

Caveat emptor.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:21 PM

9,545 posts, read 16,591,178 times
Until there is a cure for diabetes, the standard treatment of diet, exercise, weightloss (if needed) insulin and oral meds are what one does to deal with Diabetes. All of that and alot of educating oneself on how to live on this planet with this disease. I do not hold much faith at all in these products, and people need to be very careful on what they put in their body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes