Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 11:01 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

I had gone to all brown-- even made pancakes with whole wheat flour- think the fiber did NOT help- but rem eating a BBq chicken thigh --was greasy-- NO good-- I was dying- and I am no wimp- this was some serious pain- runs and upchucks and non stop for hours. At the ER they gave me 3 cocktails with pain killers until I stopped cramping - but the funny part- NOBODY said it the metformin was to blame NOBODY- not even my own Dr.- I stopped taking all the pills and was like alive and well again.
Someone here said some cinnamon and honey helps lower sugar?? I am at 133 blood work- waiting to get a free meter from Ins co. in the mail to see how I fare daily-I know its high cause I have gained the weight back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 11:27 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
One thing I can tell you is to steer clear of sugar alcohols in sugar free sweets, including Atkins. I eat a very high fat, low carb diet, no problems wit Met. With sugar and carbs, I do get an unbearable reaction to Met, to the point where I was wondering how anyone could leave the house on this drug.

Old 01-25-2016, 03:45 PM

ok - I don't eat "diet" anything- but anyone go to a diff med?

Old 01-26-2016, 11:14 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I had gone to all brown-- even made pancakes with whole wheat flour- think the fiber did NOT help- but rem eating a BBq chicken thigh --was greasy-- NO good-- I was dying- and I am no wimp- this was some serious pain- runs and upchucks and non stop for hours. At the ER they gave me 3 cocktails with pain killers until I stopped cramping - but the funny part- NOBODY said it the metformin was to blame NOBODY- not even my own Dr.- I stopped taking all the pills and was like alive and well again.
Someone here said some cinnamon and honey helps lower sugar?? I am at 133 blood work- waiting to get a free meter from Ins co. in the mail to see how I fare daily-I know its high cause I have gained the weight back
When I take cinnamon and chromium, my fasting BG is consistently 10 points lower. I think it's the chromium that does it, though. Lately I haven't been able to take cinnamon because the Victoza makes me vomit and vomiting cinnamon is very uncomfortable, so I've just been taking chromium.

Milk thistle also lowers BG.

and so does exercise. Weight lifting, especially, for me.

And the advice about sugar alcohols in sugar-free candies is spot-on. I really like those Albanese sugar-free gummy bears that have a bunch of flavors. Any time I get a mad craving for candy, I buy a bag and I eat the entire bag. Then I'm so ill that I can't even think of candy for six months.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:09 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Hi, I have a friend who is working with Berberine as she wants to get off Metformin. She talks about liver issues.

Thru decades of use I know OPC's address so many health issues:

Grape seed | University of Maryland Medical Center

Old 01-28-2016, 06:34 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Study finds widespread adulteration of grape seed extract

Out of 21 tested, six samples were found to be possibly counterfeit and five had seriously low levels of the chemicals being tested for. The worst samples contained almost exclusively peanut skin extract, which could be dangerous to those who are allergic to peanuts.

Face it folks, with botanical supplements you have no idea what you are getting or how much of it.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:53 PM

And I have not met a pharma drug that does not give side effects...maybe my Armour thyroid is the exception as I've been taking this thyroid support since 2002. Well for going on 21 yrs with grape seed ex.... How many here take grape seed ex with problems...I'd love to hear from them.

I've listed my benefits.

PS: Grape Seed is from the grape a great food. Always aim for quality products.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 01-28-2016 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: add

Old 01-28-2016, 07:44 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
And I have not met a pharma drug that does not give side effects...maybe my Armour thyroid is the exception as I've been taking this thyroid support since 2002. Well for going on 21 yrs with grape seed ex.... How many here take grape seed ex with problems...I'd love to hear from them.

I've listed my benefits.

PS: Grape Seed is from the grape a great food. Always aim for quality products.
The problem is that your grape seed extract may really be peanut skin extract. There is no way for you to know.

Millions of people take medications and have no adverse effects from them.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:08 PM

Wake me up...guess I'll have to let all of us who have been taking this OPC and getting all our benefits about the latest discovery.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
When I take cinnamon and chromium, my fasting BG is consistently 10 points lower. I think it's the chromium that does it, though. Lately I haven't been able to take cinnamon because the Victoza makes me vomit and vomiting cinnamon is very uncomfortable, so I've just been taking chromium.

Milk thistle also lowers BG.

and so does exercise. Weight lifting, especially, for me.

And the advice about sugar alcohols in sugar-free candies is spot-on. I really like those Albanese sugar-free gummy bears that have a bunch of flavors. Any time I get a mad craving for candy, I buy a bag and I eat the entire bag. Then I'm so ill that I can't even think of candy for six months.
Was not chromium bad for the BP? I have dropped a few lbs. and stopped eating sugar- sweets any kind of desert- period. and guess what? Thur. was not as sick as that one time--- but those BROWN breads etc. messed my tummy up - I guess I cannot drink as much water as needed to go brown- cold weather doesn't help as I'm deep couch sitting more-
anyhow still not poking they gave me wrong thingies to poke with and now wont take them back-- I think that was $50! She say use them manually or stab myself- sigh knee is better got to make time for the gym
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes