Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 04:01 AM

610 posts, read 1,295,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
With very few exceptions, fat people are fat because they eat more calories than they burn. This 'virus' is just another excuse for being fat.
This ^

The longer it takes for people to overcome their lame excuses, the longer they'll stay obese.

>99% of all obese people are obese because of their priorities and lifestyles, and nothing else. Yes there are people with different reasons who have enough stacked against them to rightfully blame it, but statistically there shouldn't even be one such person on this forum, that's how rare it is.

For these >99% of people; you only get as healthy as you deserve to be. If you want to be healthy; DESERVE IT!
It goes for anything really, if you want to achieve something, and you're not a total brat, you work hard to get it right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 03:13 PM

362 posts, read 392,214 times
I fully expected to get some flames for this. I neglected to mention all of my siblings are thin. I also have been thin most of my life. I'm a military veteran and love to walk and used to run half marathons. I'm 51 now, so I just stick to walking. During the time I had the virus, I continued to walk and eat right. I've been living by the book Liver Right 4 Your Type since 2000.

I wonder if any of the nay sayers even bothered to click the link. Nowhere did I say every person who is fat is so because of a virus. THIS HAPPENED TO ME, I can't speak for anyone else. I actually felt it when it entered my body and felt it when it finally broke.

Anyone who thinks this is what they are going throguh and wants help can PM me. I suffered a lot through this time to find a method that breaks it. Since it took me several years to figure it out I tell my clients the same thing I'll tell anyone else. I have to get paid to share what I've come up with. I've never been thinner. There is no price one can put on great health.

This is not the reason for my original post. I have a business. I don't need the money. But then again, I refuse to ignore how much research I did to get back to good health. I don't care if no one ever wants to pay for my help with this. Again, this is not the purpose. There was just too much suffering associated with this whole experience for me to give away the solution I've come up with.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:17 AM

362 posts, read 392,214 times
Something occured to me after a conversation with one of my clients. People are often quick to rumor monger and speculate about someone who's lost a lot of weight being HIV positive (A VIRUS). But when someone points out that there actually IS an obesity virus and weight gain and the inability to lose weight MAY be tied to it, they want to blow it off and talk about self control. Why do people hate each other so much? No credit where it is due and no sympathy or compassion when it MAY be warranted.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:20 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,411,515 times
I wish I could catch this virus, I'm sick and tired of being underweight and would do anything to change it!

Old 11-06-2010, 06:38 AM

335 posts, read 1,311,067 times
There is only one piece of truth in the entire article : Dr Dhurandhar cautions that there are many causes for obesity but only two solutions: Eat less and move around more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss