Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 07:30 AM

420 posts, read 1,368,921 times

Advertisements

I stopped eating sugar and simple carbs, and drastically limited all other grains.

Thats it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 07:59 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
What's your blood type?

sorry..I couldn't help myself

Old 06-14-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
What's your blood type?

sorry..I couldn't help myself
haha. Who cares about blood type... My advise, try a few different things, and use yourself as the subject. See what works best for you, and continue with it. If you're losing, and the doctor says you're getting healthier, then go for it.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:56 AM

278 posts, read 576,992 times
I have been around two overweight women who swear by how great the blood type diet is and that they have been on it for years. Their appearance tells me all I need to know about the blood type program

Old 06-14-2011, 10:48 AM

4,789 posts, read 14,743,179 times
I need to eat my cookies, cakes, and hamburger buns. So low carb diets won't work for me.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I need to eat my cookies, cakes, and hamburger buns. So low carb diets won't work for me.

It was easier to cut out the sweats then I though it would be, the breads took a bit more time to get used to. In the 2 and a half months I have treated myself to pizza twice though.

I think once I drop another 20, and am at a weight I'm happy with, I'll play around with the amount of carbs I can eat without gaining.

But, thats the thing. I dont care how you lost weight, doesnt mean it'll work for me. The only person who can tell you how you will lose, is yourself. Test whatever you can on yourself, see if it works...

Old 06-14-2011, 12:30 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,182,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwyre237 View Post
I stopped eating sugar and simple carbs, and drastically limited all other grains.

Thats it...
Yeah I had a similar experience when I 'got healthy' a few years ago. I lost 60lbs over just over 60 days. I stopped drinking pop, I stopped eating out, I started eating in ways that 'make sense' (seriously basic healthy eating is not rocket science), I started eating way more fruits and veggies, I tried to eat at least a little something every couple hours, and I spent a few nights per week getting my *ss handed to me practicing Martial Arts. I did not count calories, I did not really sweat how much of one type of food I was eating, I just fueled the machine and kept at it.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:13 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethmiller12 View Post
Thanks for sharing I agree with you one can loose their weight by consuming low carbs food and do exercise.
I'm to the point where I think it would be impossible not to lose weight doing that.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:12 AM

105 posts, read 338,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwyre237 View Post

Thats it...
What was the original weight and what is it now? Do you think you have good metabolism?

It's natural to lose weight cutting bad habits for a person with normal metabolism (i.e not metabolically ill) if it's quite a bit to lose. It's hard to lose the "last" 5-10 lbs for a person who already eats no sugar and doesn't abuse carbs, and whose weight is normal. I had to starve for 3 weeks on 1100-1300 calories per day as the bikini season is starting... (I still wish I could lose a little bit more, but not now)

Old 06-18-2011, 11:57 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterabbit2 View Post
What was the original weight and what is it now? Do you think you have good metabolism?

It's natural to lose weight cutting bad habits for a person with normal metabolism (i.e not metabolically ill) if it's quite a bit to lose. It's hard to lose the "last" 5-10 lbs for a person who already eats no sugar and doesn't abuse carbs, and whose weight is normal. I had to starve for 3 weeks on 1100-1300 calories per day as the bikini season is starting... (I still wish I could lose a little bit more, but not now)
Well next time, try starting a few weeks earlier. Then you won't have to starve yourself for three weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss