Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 07:15 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,801,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
And what could be better for breakfast than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? I guess you could "switch it up" by toasting the bread, yes?
I'd switch from creamy to chunky, and from strawberry jam to strawberry preserves. And once in awhile, just to REALLY go wild and crazy, I'd switch the fruit spreads to ...

wait for it...

DUN DUN DUN...

HONEY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 02:26 AM

2 posts, read 2,495 times
Yes, breakfast definitely is the most important meal of the day because when you skip meals you may feel so hungry that when lunch time comes, you over-eat or maybe you choose foods that are not the healthiest choices...

Old 06-29-2011, 08:06 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,726,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
And what could be better for breakfast than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? I guess you could "switch it up" by toasting the bread, yes?
haha i do toast the bread for my dinner pb&j. its a little gourmet treat.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:36 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,570,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
I've eaten breakfast religiously
me too. I avoid pork products for breakfast. When I remember, I say a blessing. Sometimes I eat challah for breakfast, but im trying to avoid bread made with white flour so thats an issue.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:49 AM

420 posts, read 1,369,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
me too. I avoid pork products for breakfast. When I remember, I say a blessing. Sometimes I eat challah for breakfast, but im trying to avoid bread made with white flour so thats an issue.
See I just drink large amounts of wine and eat crackers for breakfast

Old 06-29-2011, 09:39 AM

7,145 posts, read 12,681,095 times
Not hungry at the crack of dawn, my stomach wakes up around 8:30 and I may eat odd things for breakfast then--left-over salads with a handful of walnuts, a piece of roasted chicken, a bean burrito or a banana blueberry smoothie with some wheat germ thrown in...even left-over pizza, though I don't often have left-over pizza as I try to stay away from that temptation.

In winter oatmeal goes down fine, but not during summer's heat when I want more fruit and lighter foods.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:19 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,726,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
haha i do toast the bread for my dinner pb&j. its a little gourmet treat.
oh and i only use chunky peanut butter. i love the little crunch of the nuts.

my breakfast is 1 cup oats and a protein drink with 1 scoop protein. so about the same calories as a pb&j. im sure it wouldnt make a difference if i switched but the oats are cheap enough so ill stick with them.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:37 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,203,663 times
I think ALL meals are the most important meal of the day.

You have to eat sensibly throughout the day. Making sure you get the nutrients necessary to run your body like a well-tuned machine. And avoiding anything (and amounts) that is going to make you fat and/or clog your arteries. For me it's pretty simple.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:35 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,287,612 times
I've made some adjustments this year. I may still have some eggs from breakfast but I no Lo.her believe terrible things will happen if I skip it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im surprised you are looking to switch it up. i would think that with all your focus on diet for all this time you would have found an approach you were happy with. not that it isnt perfectly normal for people to try different things over the years but you seem like you are kind of set with how you do things.

i dont really try any "diets." just manipulate the calories. the only things ive played around with is the ratios of protein/carbs/fats but never enough to consider it a special diet.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:14 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,287,612 times
It really is key to rethink breakfast!
http://cubedwellerfitness.com/2011/0...ttent-fasting/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss