Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 10:24 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,906,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberleutnant View Post
I dare you people to try this: Go to Subway and order a foot long chicken breast on wheat. NO cheese and condiments. Put ALL the veggies except for avocado. No chips and only water for a drink. This is my typical lunch. Makes for a bland but healthy meal.
Bland and full of sodium. And nitrates. And probably preservatives.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 01:31 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,805,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Bland and full of sodium. And nitrates. And probably preservatives.
And expensive in time and money when compared to bringing your own food from home (like I do) and working out at lunch (like I do) instead of driving to somewhere.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,114,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberleutnant View Post
I dare you people to try this: Go to Subway and order a foot long chicken breast on wheat. NO cheese and condiments. Put ALL the veggies except for avocado. No chips and only water for a drink. This is my typical lunch. Makes for a bland but healthy meal.
Why not ditch the bread and bring chicken and veggies from home for lunch? Cheaper and healthier. Seems like everytime I eat Subway I end up feeling icky. Too many carbs maybe.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:01 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,805,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Why not ditch the bread and bring chicken and veggies from home for lunch? Cheaper and healthier. Seems like everytime I eat Subway I end up feeling icky. Too many carbs maybe.

Or salt. Or waiting in line. Or paying too much. Or finding a parking space. Or wasting half you lunch hour driving there and back.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:32 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,803,843 times
I work one building away from Subway - no need to drive at all. I call in the order. No need to wait in line. I only get a 6-inch and load it up with veggies (baby spinach, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, black olives, banana peppers, and oil and vinegar - never salt or pepper) , and usually leave around 3 inches worth of the bread, because all the good stuff on the inside falls out and I end up having to eat it with a fork anyway. I also don't get the chicken. I go crazy and get the BMT or worse - the cold cut (made with turkey "ham" and turkey "bologna").

Old 04-17-2013, 08:22 PM

860 posts, read 2,206,637 times
Yup, I work very close to a Subway as well so it is a quick walk for me

Old 04-25-2013, 07:28 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,737,158 times
I drink only water, plain tea, plain coffee, and occasionally wine. I don't drink any calories aside from wine and sometimes beer.
I lift heavy weights 3x per week and do a little cardio
I cook 90% of what I eat from scratch using high quality, mostly unrefined ingredients. I do not overcook things which forms carcinogens and breaks down nutrients.
I eat an extremely wide variety of foods.
I eat throughout the day, whenever I'm hungry, not at any particular time.
I read the ingredient list on every single food item I buy, and ignore the rest of the noise on the label. If it contains certain things like hydrogenated oils, I don't buy it. No thinking involved, I just put it back.
I sleep 7-8 hours per night.
I grow a lot of the foods I eat, which gives me access to a lot of foods that aren't sold in the grocery store and that I know are fresh and free of pesticides. I keep about 20-25 different fresh herbs growing that I use on a daily basis and have practically every spice known to man in my kitchen.
Lots of chiles, dried or fresh.
Lots of ethnic food (Mexican, Thai, Indian, etc.) No chain restaurants, they only care about one thing- profit margin.
No nitrate meat.
No dessert, all that sugar grosses me out.

That's about it.

Last edited by EugeneOnegin; 04-25-2013 at 07:37 PM..

Old 04-25-2013, 07:37 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,388,627 times
I love water and oatmeal.

People get mad at me cuz I love two things so good for you.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:20 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,811,138 times
I went out last night and bought some really delicious flavored olive oil and vinegar and I've been making my own salad dressings. I can't stand the store bought stuff and have gotten really spoiled on the homemade kind. I used to put off doing it b/c I'd have to go find a recipe and put it together, but then I said duh one day and poured a little oil in a cup and then added half that much vinegar. Salt, pepper, voila! Sometimes I add a little mayo or parmesan or lemon juice or herbs from my garden. Other times I make 1000 Island, which is just mayo and ketchup and a little pickle relish. Tomorrow I'm planting some lettuce so my salads will be truly gourmet.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:23 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,700,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
more milkshakes
What type of milkshakes are we talking here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss