Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 12:32 PM

21 posts, read 12,878 times

Advertisements

I believe anything is possible once you prepare your mind for the goal weight, as diet and exercise for more hours can help lose weight.

Old 01-08-2022, 01:20 PM

761 posts, read 447,145 times
Why do people gain a lot of weight in the first place? Could it be they are impulsive - no impulse control?

I don't know, but it seems many of them, or most, also want to lose weight FAST. Could that also be a sign of impulsiveness.

Anyway, regardless of that, it's not healthy to lose weight fast. Many or most of the pesticides and other contaminants you've been exposed to have accumulated in your fat cells. So the faster you lose weight, the more of those contaminants that will be released into your blood stream and will need time to be safely filtered out by the liver and kidneys. If the person happens to be taking multiple medications, that will put even more of a burden on your filtering system.

And what about the impact on your immune system?

What about liver or kidney cancer?

What are the risks of being on a fad diet?

Old 01-08-2022, 01:33 PM

10,895 posts, read 7,386,537 times
I lost 15 lbs in one week. In the hospital, unable to keep anything down, not even water.
I looked like hell when I got out. I don't recommend super fast weight loss.

Old 01-08-2022, 08:14 PM

3,437 posts, read 2,407,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongevitySeeker View Post
Why do people gain a lot of weight in the first place? Could it be they are impulsive - no impulse control?

I don't know, but it seems many of them, or most, also want to lose weight FAST. Could that also be a sign of impulsiveness.

Anyway, regardless of that, it's not healthy to lose weight fast. Many or most of the pesticides and other contaminants you've been exposed to have accumulated in your fat cells. So the faster you lose weight, the more of those contaminants that will be released into your blood stream and will need time to be safely filtered out by the liver and kidneys. If the person happens to be taking multiple medications, that will put even more of a burden on your filtering system.

And what about the impact on your immune system?

What about liver or kidney cancer?

What are the risks of being on a fad diet?
The OP asked the question in 2011. I'm gonna take a wild guess that at this point - 12 years later - they've either lost that 10 pounds, or they didn't. But the week's over.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:43 AM

1,711 posts, read 807,094 times
You'd have to have a 5000 calorie deficiency each day to lose that much non water weight.

A pound a week, 500 calories per day is fairly easy if you really try. 250 calories in extra exercise and 250 calories less consumed. Do that for a few months and it will become second nature.

After a little while bump those numbers some, say 350 calories in exercise and 400 in reduced and better eating. Now you are losing 1.5 pounds a week.
Get used to that and bump it some more, probably only in consumption as exercise starts having a limit.

Don't let your body "know" you are dieting or it will start fighting back.

Old 01-09-2022, 09:46 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,051,409 times
closing this thread as another spam magnet, and one that is 10 years old at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss