Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2012, 08:08 AM

14,568 posts, read 23,094,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSantos View Post
MY SOURCES hold several Ph.D.'s AND ARE PIONEERS- LIKE FRIEDMAN AND COLEMAN WHO DISCOVERED LEPTIN.

MY SOURCES are some of the very best scientists in the eintire world and the men who will make the NEXT BREAKTHROUGH.

IT IS ABSURD TO THINK ARAGON AND THE LIKE ARE EVEN IN THE SAME GALAXY AS THESE SCIENTISTS.

HE IS A LAYMAN- A SALSMEN.The fact that YOU are TAKEN IN by these Internet CHARLATAN HUCKSTER GURUS says all I need to know about your current understanding of science.

MY SOURCES ARE ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF SCIENCE- DR.FRIEDMAN, DR. LEIBEL, DR. ROSENBAUM AND HAVE CONDUCTED SOME OF THE GERATEST QUALITY AND PROFOUND OBESITY RESEARCH IN HISTORY
I wasn't asking you to publicly felate these guys. I was asking you to explain why one of these guys you hold in such high regard got his ass beat by Alan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 08:15 AM

525 posts, read 763,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Once again, Aragon has a bachelors and PHD in nutrition. His paper credentials are as good or better than the guys you keep bringing up, including that Linda Bacon.

You also never addressed him taking Lustig apart in that debate.

Lastly, how is Alan a salesman, but the others are not? Explain that.

Dr. Friedman and Dr. Leibel's credentials are FAR SUPERIOR to Aragon the salesmen.

FRIEDMAN AND LEIBEL ARE SCIENTISTS NOT SALESMEN. THEIR SALARY DEPENDS ON THE PRODUCTIVITY OF THEIR LABS.

YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO EVEN ASK THIS QUESTION.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco55david View Post
i wasn't asking you to publicly felate these guys. I was asking you to explain why one of these guys you hold in such high regard got his ass beat by alan.

i do not hold dr. Lustg in gerat regard.

It is dr. Leibel, leibel, leibel a diferent man.

But , no, lustig did not get beat by aragon. Only in your mind. Colpo, aragon etc are all internet gurus.

In fact gary taubes was never debunked by these guys. THEY DID A poor JOB . GARY WON.

taubes studied physics at harvard. Taubes is a lot smarter than your heroes - like aragion

gary taubes udnerstands science far better as well.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:24 AM

You need to find better sources of scientific information than "Alan Aragon" and people in those circles. They are Internet guru SALESMEN. They are layman.

You need to go to the researchers THEMSELVES. Read THEIR PRIMARY material FIRSTHAND.

I am in contact with them personally by email.

DR. FRIEDMAN,DR. COLEMAN DR. LEIBEL, DR.ROSENBAUM ALL REPRESENT GENUINE SCIENCE. They ACKNOWLEDGE MASSIVE UNCERTAINTY AND VAST UNKNOWNS.

Aragon et al do NOT.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Dr. Friedman and Dr. Leibel's credentials are FAR SUPERIOR to Aragon the salesmen.

FRIEDMAN AND LEIBEL ARE SCIENTISTS NOT SALESMEN. THEIR SALARY DEPENDS ON THE PRODUCTIVITY OF THEIR LABS.

YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO EVEN ASK THIS QUESTION.
What do you think Alan's salary depends on?

Quote:
i do not hold dr. Lustg in gerat regard.
You did, obviously, as you brought him into this debate.

Quote:
But , no, lustig did not get beat by aragon. Only in your mind.
Did you read the exchange? Even Lustig knew he got beat.

Quote:
In fact gary taubes was never debunked by these guys. THEY DID A poor JOB . GARY WON.

taubes studied physics at harvard. Taubes is a lot smarter than your heroes - like aragion

gary taubes udnerstands science far better as well.
It just keeps getting better and better.

Taubes has degrees in physics, engineering and journalism, none of which are applicable to health and science. For a guy who is so hung up on credentials, it's odd that you cite him.

Of course, as expected, Taubes was wrong about damn near everything.

Gary Taubes: Bad Calories, or Bad Research? » Weightology

Good Calories, Bad Calories: The Mythology of Obesity, or The Mythology of Gary Taubes? » Weightology

Old 10-27-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
You need to find better sources of scientific information than "Alan Aragon" and people in those circles. They are Internet guru SALESMEN. They are layman.
A PhD in nutrition is a "layman"? Then so is Linda Bacon, right? Simple logic.

Quote:
You need to go to the researchers THEMSELVES. Read THEIR PRIMARY material FIRSTHAND.
Quote:
I am in contact with them personally by email.
I've spoken to Aragon by phone, email and Facebook.

I win.

Quote:
DR. FRIEDMAN,DR. COLEMAN DR. LEIBEL, DR.ROSENBAUM ALL REPRESENT GENUINE SCIENCE. They ACKNOWLEDGE MASSIVE UNCERTAINTY AND VAST UNKNOWNS.

Aragon et al do NOT.
And you base this on what? Besides that they agree with you, of course.

Last edited by McBain II; 10-27-2012 at 08:49 AM..

Old 10-27-2012, 08:59 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,077,988 times
It's easy to make excuses for lifestyle choices. It's hard to change habits.

But bad habits CAN be changed, and the vast majority of people CAN lose weight in a healthy manner and keep it off - if they are willing to change bad lifestyle choices and habits.

No one ever said life was fair or that making good decisions is easy.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynaragon View Post
it's easy to make excuses for lifestyle choices. It's hard to change habits.

But bad habits can be changed, and the vast majority of people can lose weight in a healthy manner and keep it off - if they are willing to change bad lifestyle choices and habits.

No one ever said life was fair or that making good decisions is easy.
obesity has little to do with choice or willpower.

Stop confusing this issue.

Plenty of obese people live fabulously but remain obese. Some of the hardest working, and also most dedicated to exercise i know are overweight at least and some are obese.

Diet and exercise do not do much,.

Weight is involuntarily regulated. The science behind involuntary regulation 9 just like other systems in your body - blood pressure etc.0 is overwhelming.

Read the literature. Drop your beliefs.

The involuntary regulation of body weight is well known to all serious obesity scientists.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco55david View Post
a phd in nutrition is a "layman"? Then so is linda bacon, right? Simple logic.

[b] i've spoken to aragon by phone, email and facebook.

I win.

And you base this on what? Besides that they agree with you, of course.

dr. Friedman trumps alan aragon and his cohorts easily. There is no contest.

Aragon and krieger do not represent science. They represents book sales.

You should know this already.

All advertising is lies- no exceptions.

Genuine science is uncertain and admits to unknowns. Obesity is far from figured out.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:07 AM

Read the article again. Dr. Lustig is only one person in that article and not the focus at all.

Weight is not calories in and calories out. This is specifically mentioned by harvard scientists you idiot.

Go back many threads and re - read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss