Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2012, 09:09 AM

525 posts, read 762,121 times

Advertisements

We have MUCH to learn about morbid obesity. However, we DO know that over 10 % of morbid obesity cases ARE DUE TO A SINGLE GENE DEFECT. Dr. Friedman said he has MUCH reason to believe that number is significantly greater even.

A child was about to be taken away from his parents DUE TO IGNORANT POLICY MAKERS who have YOUR scientifcially unfounded , UNINFORMED view of obesity.

WATCH DR. FRIEDMAN'S LECTURE. INTERNET BOOK SALESMEN ARE NOT SCIENTIFIC SOURCES OF INFORMATION.

STOP BLAMING AND STIGMATIZING THE OBESE- SCIENCE CANNOT SUPPORT THAT AT ALL. DR. LEIBEL SAYS THEIR CONDITION IS ORGANIC, YOU IDIOT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 09:22 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,549,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSantos View Post
obesity has little to do with choice or willpower.

Stop confusing this issue.

Plenty of obese people live fabulously but remain obese. Some of the hardest working, and also most dedicated to exercise i know are overweight at least and some are obese.

Diet and exercise do not do much,.

Weight is involuntarily regulated. The science behind involuntary regulation 9 just like other systems in your body - blood pressure etc.0 is overwhelming.

Read the literature. Drop your beliefs.

The involuntary regulation of body weight is well known to all serious obesity scientists.
Oh right. When I eat lots of crappy food and don't workout much or at all = overweight (up to 40 lbs).
I eat lower calories + workout consistently = much lower weight.

Metabolism only slows down too much when not eating sufficient calories for how much is burned.

Obese people eat high fat/high cal/high sugar foods. They might exercise, but usually don't. One must eat a massive amount of calories to maintain obesity. No one stays at 300 pounds by eating salads.

You keep repeating the same rubbish over and over. It's all BS.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
We have MUCH to learn about morbid obesity. However, we DO know that over 10 % of morbid obesity cases ARE DUE TO A SINGLE GENE DEFECT. Dr. Friedman said he has MUCH reason to believe that number is significantly greater even.

A child was about to be taken away from his parents DUE TO IGNORANT POLICY MAKERS who have YOUR scientifcially unfounded , UNINFORMED view of obesity.

WATCH DR. FRIEDMAN'S LECTURE. INTERNET BOOK SALESMEN ARE NOT SCIENTIFIC SOURCES OF INFORMATION.

STOP BLAMING AND STIGMATIZING THE OBESE- SCIENCE CANNOT SUPPORT THAT AT ALL. DR. LEIBEL SAYS THEIR CONDITION IS ORGANIC, YOU IDIOT
YOU are the idiot here.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Oh right. When I eat lots of crappy food and don't workout much or at all = overweight (up to 40 lbs).
I eat lower calories + workout consistently = much lower weight.

Metabolism only slows down too much when not eating sufficient calories for how much is burned.

Obese people eat high fat/high cal/high sugar foods. They might exercise, but usually don't. One must eat a massive amount of calories to maintain obesity. No one stays at 300 pounds by eating salads.

You keep repeating the same rubbish over and over. It's all BS.

ALL ASSUMPTIONS not at all supported by the EVIDENCE.

DIET IS A FAILURE for treating obesity in studies. It is NOT a solution.

In fact, DIETING IS THE BIGGEST PREDICTOR OF LONG TERM WEIGHT GAIN OF ANYTHING. IT RAISES YOUR BODY'S SET POINT.

POEPLE WHO HAVE NEVER TRIED DIETING ARE ACTUALLY LIGHTER THAN THOSE WHO DO IT A LOT.

SCIENCE DOES NOT AT ALL SUPOPRT DIETING. IT IS A GREAT WAY TO RAISE YOUR FAT MASS SET POINT AND GET FATTR LON GTERM

Morbid obesity IS NOT AT ALL a simple condition of overeating.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It's easy to make excuses for lifestyle choices. It's hard to change habits.

But bad habits CAN be changed, and the vast majority of people CAN lose weight in a healthy manner and keep it off - if they are willing to change bad lifestyle choices and habits.

No one ever said life was fair or that making good decisions is easy.
It's very hard to break bad habits which is why 95% of those who lose weight don't keep it off long term. It is possible though and it's so worth it! One must be highly motivated though. I've been up and down for over 20 years, but last year the fact that I was going to turn 60 this year motivated me. I wanted to do what I could to avoid being one of those frail, unfit, flabby, unhealthy old people.

A lot of people think they have to starve to keep weight off, or that they can never again eat chocolate or other 'bad' foods. You don't. You can even eat healthy and lower calories 6 days a week and have what you want on the 7th day (w/o going totally overboard). And workout a LOT.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:31 AM

This is my last post because I am dealing with low intelligence Internet poeple who cling to BELIEFS and ignore science.

DOWNLAOD AND READ "Modern Science vs The Stigma of Obesity" by Dr. Jeffrey Friedman. It summarizes ALL the evdience to date going all the way back to the pioneering work of Dr. Douglas Coleman.

BODY WEIGHT IS NOT UNDER CONSCIOUS CONTROL IN HUMANS OR ANIMALS. Any control we have is very limited , especially over the lon gterm. ALL we control is to try and stay at the LOWER END of ouR SET POINT- WHICH IS DEFENDED VORACIOUSLY BY THE BODY.

We all can try to stay 8 pounds lighter say Dr. Friedman and Dr. Leibel. LONG TERM this is usually achievable. MUCH MORE IS NOT.

BODY WEIGHT IS INVOLUNTARILY REGULATED JUST LIKE BLOOD ION CONCENTRATION, BLOOD PRESSURE, BLOOD SUGAR. READ THAT SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE AND SEE THE EVIDENCE FOR IT.

I AM DONE. YOU PEOPLE ARE STUPID.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
It's very hard to break bad habits which is why 95% of those who lose weight don't keep it off long term. It is possible though and it's so worth it! One must be highly motivated though. I've been up and down for over 20 years, but last year the fact that I was going to turn 60 this year motivated me. I wanted to do what I could to avoid being one of those frail, unfit, flabby, unhealthy old people.

A lot of people think they have to starve to keep weight off, or that they can never again eat chocolate or other 'bad' foods. You don't. You can even eat healthy and lower calories 6 days a week and have what you want on the 7th day (w/o going totally overboard). And workout a LOT.
IT HAS NOTHING to do with willpower. THE METHOD ITSELF IS FLAWED AND DOES NTO WORK. THE FAILURE RATE IS DUE CCOMPLETELY BECAUSE OF BIOLOGY.

That is one of the reasons the failure rate is ABOVE 95%.

BOTH FRIEDMAN AND DR. L;EIBEL SAY SO AND THEY HAVE STUDIED THIS FAR MORE THAN YOU HAVE. THEIR WORK IS LEADING THE FIELD.

YOU RBODY IS NOT THE SAME ANYMORE AFTER WEIGHT LOSS. YUO ARE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PERSON AND YUR BRAIN DOE SNOT LIKE IT AT ALL.

THE BDOY VIEWS THE OBESE STATE AS NORMAL IN OBESE INDIVIDUALS THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM

YOUR BRAIN DOES NOT LIEK HUGE WEIGHT LOSS AND TAKES MEASURES TO MAKE YOU REGAIN

THE BRAIN AND NEUIRAL CIRCUITRY REGULATE BODY WEIGHT UNJCONSCOIUSLY

Old 10-27-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
This is my last post because I am dealing with low intelligence Internet poeple who cling to BELIEFS and ignore science.

DOWNLAOD AND READ "Modern Science vs The Stigma of Obesity" by Dr. Jeffrey Friedman. It summarizes ALL the evdience to date going all the way back to the pioneering work of Dr. Douglas Coleman.

BODY WEIGHT IS NOT UNDER CONSCIOUS CONTROL IN HUMANS OR ANIMALS. Any control we have is very limited , especially over the lon gterm. ALL we control is to try and stay at the LOWER END of ouR SET POINT- WHICH IS DEFENDED VORACIOUSLY BY THE BODY.

We all can try to stay 8 pounds lighter say Dr. Friedman and Dr. Leibel. LONG TERM this is usually achievable. MUCH MORE IS NOT.

BODY WEIGHT IS INVOLUNTARILY REGULATED JUST LIKE BLOOD ION CONCENTRATION, BLOOD PRESSURE, BLOOD SUGAR. READ THAT SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE AND SEE THE EVIDENCE FOR IT.

I AM DONE. YOU PEOPLE ARE STUPID.
WOOHOO!! Bye.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
IT HAS NOTHING to do with willpower. THE METHOD ITSELF IS FLAWED AND DOES NTO WORK. THE FAILURE RATE IS DUE CCOMPLETELY BECAUSE OF BIOLOGY.

BOTH FRIEDMAN AND DR. L;EIBEL SAY SO AND THEY HAVE STUDIED THIS FAR MORE THAN YOU HAVE. THEIR WORK IS LEADING THE FIELD.
You lied. You said the previous post was your last post. So you assault us with a hot pink font?!

Old 10-27-2012, 10:30 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,084,295 times
Quote:
You are a HOPELESS guy.

Alan is a nice guy, BUT HE IS A SALESMEN. HIS SALARY DEPENDS ON BOOK SALES AND CLIENTS. HE IS REPORTING ON SCIENCE NOT CONDUCTING IT. FRIEDMAN IS THE MAN DOING THE WORK.
You appear to lack understanding of the importance of peer review. Also, you continue to the ignore the Linda Bacon issue. If the fact that Alan sells a book and has clients means he is irrelevant, than so is Linda Bacon. You cannot have it both ways.

Quote:
BUT I WAS REFERRING TO DR. FRIEDMAN AND DR LEIBEL. I SPEAK TO THEM BY EMAIL
And?

Quote:
Alan Aragon vs THE SCIENTIST WHO DISCOVERED LEPTIN AND SINGLEGHANDEDLY CHANGED THE VIEW OF OBESITY RESEARCHERS BACK IN 1994

HMMMM.
Actually, no one said it was Alan vs. Friedman. I have no idea how Alan feels about Friedman, I just know he kicked Lustig's ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss