Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:20 AM

352 posts, read 1,005,479 times

Advertisements

I heard Gatorade's good. You should use it instead of water. Use it to water your plants even.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 06:58 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,672,940 times
I would debate the idea that Gatorade is better than water: Bad Gatorade Ingredients | LIVESTRONG.COM

Old 11-08-2011, 07:02 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,681,583 times
I like tea as a water substitute. Another alternative is to put flavoring in your water - mint leaves, lime, cranberry, etc.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:17 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,571,587 times
wine

seltzer

water with citrus other than lemon - try lime, or even orange or grapefruit.

Or mint.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:58 PM

15 posts, read 19,242 times
Mineral water (not for a prolonged time though)
Water with lime (I tolerate it much longer than with lemon)
Unsweetened iced tea

Old 11-09-2011, 06:10 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,043,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
I drink water with dinner every night and have for quite some time, but I'm finding that it is becoming old. Can anyone suggest the best alternative to water that has a bit of flavor but not a lot of sugar/artificial ingredients? I know, put a lemon in my water--blah. Doesn't do much for me.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think there is one. I drink about a gallon of water a day. I drink plain water at work, but at home i will add lemon juicr or lime juice or some other 100% no sugar added juice. Northland makes some really good juices. I cant drink them straight..too sweet for me now. lol

Old 11-09-2011, 06:17 AM

37,477 posts, read 61,452,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
I don't think there is one.
???

Quote:
... I drink about a gallon of water a day. I drink plain water at work, but at home i will add lemon juicr or lime juice or some other 100% no sugar added juice. Northland makes some really good juices. I cant drink them straight..too sweet for me now. lol
What about green tea? Everyday you steep tea leaves, then strain into a pitcher [I use two pitchers] and store them in your frig.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
???

What about green tea? Everyday you steep tea leaves, then strain into a pitcher [I use two pitchers] and store them in your frig.
If you like green tea, then drink green tea.

The question was, is there an alternative to water and I said I don't believe there is.

I dont' believe drinking a gallon of green tea or any other liquid is better than drinking a gallon of plain water.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:00 AM

863 posts, read 2,994,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
If you like green tea, then drink green tea.

The question was, is there an alternative to water and I said I don't believe there is.

I dont' believe drinking a gallon of green tea or any other liquid is better than drinking a gallon of plain water.
It might be better if that's what gets you to drink liquids during the day. Green tea is good for you and certainly better than drinking most other bottled products that are full of sugar, anti-sugar, and other ingredients you can't pronounce; let alone calories and cost.

I was interested in these answers as well, because I really don't like plain water and have to force myself to drink it. Funny thing, as I've come to realize, is that pretty all the options that I've been looking for seem to start with water. I'm good, guessing I wasn't missing anything afterall. THANKS!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoso1979 View Post
It might be better if that's what gets you to drink liquids during the day. Green tea is good for you and certainly better than drinking most other bottled products that are full of sugar, anti-sugar, and other ingredients you can't pronounce; let alone calories and cost.

I was interested in these answers as well, because I really don't like plain water and have to force myself to drink it. Funny thing, as I've come to realize, is that pretty all the options that I've been looking for seem to start with water. I'm good, guessing I wasn't missing anything afterall. THANKS!

I don't think you're missing anything either...I think if more ppl really took the time to read the labels of what they think are 'healthy' drinks, they'd be amazed. I'm not saying that one bottle of Vitamin Water is going to kill you, but I don't think drinking 10 bottles a day is good either.

I like to drink my water ice cold..we have a water cooler at work and I keep refilling my 20 oz bottle throughout the day, but at home I just add ice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss