Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 06:39 AM

648 posts, read 1,644,497 times

Advertisements

Is there anything that I can add to this boring water to make it taste better and not add suger or calories? I have just started drinking more water everyday and it just doesn't taste that good. (i'm hoping though the more I drink the better it tastes) What do you all do to drink more water when it is just not what you want?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 06:59 AM

83 posts, read 290,458 times
I have a baggie of lemon wedges in the frig at work. In the morning I get my cup, lemon, ice, water, and straw. I use the same wedge throughout the day and usually drink 4-5 cups of water. This is one of the big drinking cups too.

If you like mint you should be able to get some fresh mint to add to your water to make it less boring. Just bruise it some before adding it to the water so it releases the oils and flavor.....and make sure it doesnt' get stuck in your teeth.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:34 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,669,471 times
I shop at Aldi and they have some really good flavored waters...cranberry, strawberry lemonade, strawberry kiwi and a mango tropical. they have zero calories and taste great. I figure if my 14 year old son likes them, they have to be good!

Old 01-07-2009, 01:54 PM

17,029 posts, read 31,001,542 times
You could add lemons, or try to ween yourself to it gradually. I used to drink sodas but moved to gatorades. Then I'd dilute the gatorades. After a while the sugary beverages are gross. I pretty much drink water or Beer.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:19 PM

414 posts, read 1,866,496 times
I like those Crystal Light on-the-go packets. You mix one pack with a bottle of water. They come in all different flavors and make water a little less boring. Propel Fitness Water also makes something similar.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,464 times
I use a couple of artificial sweetners because I don't like the blan taste of water.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:23 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,696,767 times
I sometimes use a drink called fruit2/O. That is when I can't take just plain water anymore. I have a friend who puts parsley in her water. I don't know what amount she uses. I have tried using just plain lemons and think they are good in water. If you don't put a lot of lemons in you won't need sugar or can use a substitute. Fruit2/O is till my first choice. I like every flavor except Raspberry, so my husband drinks it.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:57 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,692,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbogdan81 View Post
Is there anything that I can add to this boring water to make it taste better and not add suger or calories? I have just started drinking more water everyday and it just doesn't taste that good. (i'm hoping though the more I drink the better it tastes) What do you all do to drink more water when it is just not what you want?
Sorry as i have no advice as to what to put in it but.....i myself drink a gallon or more a day of plain tap water whether exercising or not and when i do exercise or play sports it really helps to kick in my energy levels especially when i'm outside in the hot desert sun playing hoops against the younger 20 somethings .

Old 01-10-2009, 03:51 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,481,892 times
I carry a case of water in my vehicle, making it readily available. I've grown accustom to the natural taste, but like one other poster said, the Crystal lite packets are good too.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:07 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,316,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
I carry a case of water in my vehicle, making it readily available. I've grown accustom to the natural taste, but like one other poster said, the Crystal lite packets are good too.
You shouldn't do that in the summer or if its hot where you live. The heat can cause the plastic chemicals to leach into the water. Those carcinogens have been linked to breast cancer. Sheryl Crow blamed her breast cancer on that.
Take it or leave it..But I just had to let you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss