Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 01:41 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times

Advertisements

7-Keto, I was wondering has anyone used this supplement and if so what your experience with it has been. I myself have had to get a little more creative since the new medicines that I have been getting caused me to gain weight no matter what I did. I've read quite a bit about it on different med sites nothing negative though the research is still in it's early stages. But would like to hear from people that have or know of live persons that used it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 04:24 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
TRosa, don't want to be nosy but it would help if I knew what meds are making you gain weight? Like if they're diabetic meds and you want to lose weight, why not try to lose the weight w/o them, b/c that would immediately help your blood sugar better than the meds would.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
TRosa, don't want to be nosy but it would help if I knew what meds are making you gain weight? Like if they're diabetic meds and you want to lose weight, why not try to lose the weight w/o them, b/c that would immediately help your blood sugar better than the meds would.
Are you familiar with 7-Keto, that's my question, not trying to be rude, but really not looking for any other suggestions on how to go about my weight loss journey, been there a dozen and 100 times. I'm already down a dress size since taking this 7-Keto. I just started taking it this week and am shocked at the results I've had so far. I wanted to hear from anyone else that's familiar with 7-K.

PS, not at all diabetic, no high cholesterol. Also, I went through several procedures of getting injections for pain in various sites throughout my body, those meds are what has caused weight gain.

Last edited by TRosa; 03-15-2012 at 05:10 PM..

Old 03-15-2012, 07:05 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,819,357 times
One thing is for sure there is no supplement or pill on this earth that will enable you to lose weight in a healthy matter. If there were such a pill there would be no overweight people. Everyone would be taking it.
Diet and exercise are your only options to lose weight effectively and for the long term. Of course if you are obese you can always opt for surgery, but in the end that still boils down to diet and exercise.
Placebo effects are quite common with diet supplements. Of course those go away pretty quickly.
I suspect you are looking for someone to tell you how wonderful this 7-Keto is.
Sorry about your medical issues. I know some meds can really make you gain weight. But again, I really do not think this supplement is your answer.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
One thing is for sure there is no supplement or pill on this earth that will enable you to lose weight in a healthy matter. If there were such a pill there would be no overweight people. Everyone would be taking it.
Diet and exercise are your only options to lose weight effectively and for the long term. Of course if you are obese you can always opt for surgery, but in the end that still boils down to diet and exercise.
Placebo effects are quite common with diet supplements. Of course those go away pretty quickly.
I suspect you are looking for someone to tell you how wonderful this 7-Keto is.
Sorry about your medical issues. I know some meds can really make you gain weight. But again, I really do not think this supplement is your answer.
You suspect wrong. I asked a question about a product, if anyone has had bad or good experiences, doesn't weigh in the matter of my question, just curious about their knowledge of the product. You know what you know, I know what I know, you can make all the snap judgments you like, or come to any conclusions about my thought process you wish, but if you know nothing more than the same oh anecdotal answers and can't answer the posed question, Well, you know.

From hear on, anyone wants to offer the usual, direct it at someone else, I'm just interested in the title question, not because of looking for a quick fix, nor looking to debate the matter. If you don't know anything about the subject of 7-Keto, I'm not interested in hearing the same old stick that's been preached in just about every thread on here. Can't a person get a simple answer to a question without people trying to show who has the biggest cojones . You don't know, move along. Discussion is good, but I really asked a straight forward question.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:10 PM

Okay here it is. 7-keto is an ineffectual way to lose weight. Its a snake oil marketed to those who want a quick fix. I suspect you already know this due to your defensive attitude. Good luck with your delusions.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Okay here it is. 7-keto is an ineffectual way to lose weight. Its a snake oil marketed to those who want a quick fix. I suspect you already know this due to your defensive attitude. Good luck with your delusions.
Thank you, that's more like it a direct answer even if you know not what you speak. Talk about defensive mirror much?

Old 03-16-2012, 08:37 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
LOL......I usually have the TV on while surfing the net.....lo and behold....Dr. Oz was just recommending this supplement on his program.....said it is a good, safe, diet aid that naturally raises your metabolism.

My opinion.....ya never know.....if it isn't going to hurt you.....why not try it?

Spring is here.....early....I would like to drop a few pounds.....if this supplement could make that easier.....why not? That's why I jotted down the info.....because I just might try it.

OP....totally agree with you.....we all know the tried and true way to lose weight.....but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be open to a safe supplement that could make the process easier. I would also like a few straight answers to your question instead of a lecture.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:49 AM

Dr. Oz recommends all kinds of crap these days. He had HCG representatives on even though he didn't endorse it he didn't not recommend it as he should have. I think Dr. Oz is becoming less credible every day.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
LOL......I usually have the TV on while surfing the net.....lo and behold....Dr. Oz was just recommending this supplement on his program.....said it is a good, safe, diet aid that naturally raises your metabolism.

My opinion.....ya never know.....if it isn't going to hurt you.....why not try it?

Spring is here.....early....I would like to drop a few pounds.....if this supplement could make that easier.....why not? That's why I jotted down the info.....because I just might try it.

OP....totally agree with you.....we all know the tried and true way to lose weight.....but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be open to a safe supplement that could make the process easier. I would also like a few straight answers to your question instead of a lecture.
Cool, I finished watching Dr Oz a little while ago where he was talking about the product. he airs 4pm eastern time in my area. If the product continues to do what it's done for me so far, I'll keep using it for now. There are no one simple answer no matter what path we choose, if there were, those that are following what is considered a normal healthy way of eating and exercising to loose wouldn't be looking for that extra push or alternative, not every method works for everyone. The body changes, especially with aging. Some people actually can take in same calories they always did and suddenly start gaining no matter how active they still are, some are able to consume more calories than others just as some can take in less than or the same as others and gain or lose depending on how their metabolism works. If people don't believe that go do the research, I'm not a chemist or scientist of any kind, so I won't argue the facts. I doubt that 7-keto is the miracle cure, but for someone like myself, it seems to be helping when other methods weren't working for me anymore.

I'm not looking for anyone to agree with me on the validity of the product, but your genuine knowledge and assessment would be appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss