Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 11:26 PM

719 posts, read 1,479,877 times

Advertisements

Horizon organic milk is awesome. It tastes like it came straight from the cow, but was put through a chilling machine on the way to your mouth. Once you start drinking Horizon organic whole milk you can actually tastes the chemicals etc in other milks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 10:31 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,982,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
I'm 5'8 and around 140 pounds.

Either way I drink Skim milk, so I'm confused as to why milk is an obstacle to losing weight?
Skim Milk has 90 calories in each 8oz glass.

Water has zero calories.

If you want to lose weight, keep the milk to a minimum, and drink water instead.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:34 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,768 times
Milk is linked to increased rates of multiple types of cancer and leeches calcium from your bones by creating an acid like environment in your body. There is no myth in America that is more false and perpetuated than dairy being good for you or necessary for health. Americans have some of the highest rates of bone fractures in old age with some of the highest dairy consumption levels. Do the math.

Some wonderful alternatives are nut milks (not soy) or rice milk. They taste almost identical to skim milk and you can make them fresh for cheaper than buying regular milk. They don't have as much protein however, animal protein is also linked to cancer so its something you'd want to avoid.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:55 AM

175 posts, read 846,562 times
I love 1% sweet acidophlous milk. I drink it several times aday and put it in my coffee.

Old 05-19-2012, 04:00 AM

4 posts, read 3,107 times
ya,I drink a lot of milk too.....

Old 05-19-2012, 06:16 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
I don't drink enough milk. I have some in my coffee and maybe some in my cereal when I have creal but that's it. I buy organic milk called nature's promise. It's Stop and shop supermarket's organic brand. I love the taste.I used to drink 2 glasses of milk a day when I was younger.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:50 AM

467 posts, read 664,638 times
Milk is good for you; chocolate milk contains a filler called carrageenan which causes people allergic reactions etc so yes most flavored milk is bad- it's the filler, not the sugar that causes the problem. Otherwise no 2 bowls of cereal with milk is not that much; you should probably drink a lot more than that, at least a quart a day.
Listen to this blogtalk radio show to learn more about milk:
Ray Peat Milk Calcium and Hormones 06/03 by Josh Jeanne Rubin | Blog Talk Radio

Old 05-20-2014, 09:59 PM

308 posts, read 366,920 times
Are you drinking hormone-free milk? do you drink so much that it kills your appetite for fruits and veggies? are you congested? just some thoughts to consider in deciding if you are drinking too much.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:52 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go09 View Post
Are you drinking hormone-free milk? do you drink so much that it kills your appetite for fruits and veggies? are you congested? just some thoughts to consider in deciding if you are drinking too much.
There's no such thing. ALL milk contains hormones. It is one of the components that the cow produces naturally. The production of bovine growth hormone in a cow is one of the two reasons milk is - milk, as opposed to booze, or soda, or water.

A calf requires this hormone, and the fats in the milk, to make it grow in its first weeks of existence. Without this hormone, the calf would suffer and die.

There is no way, presently, to test a batch of milk and distinguish the hormone that is produced naturally by the cow, from the hormone that was injected into the cow. The two are chemically identical. There is also not "more" hormone in milk from an injected cow, than there is from an uninjected cow. So you can't even go by measurements to check it.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:38 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Milk is linked to increased rates of multiple types of cancer and leeches calcium from your bones by creating an acid like environment in your body. There is no myth in America that is more false and perpetuated than dairy being good for you or necessary for health. Americans have some of the highest rates of bone fractures in old age with some of the highest dairy consumption levels. Do the math.

Some wonderful alternatives are nut milks (not soy) or rice milk. They taste almost identical to skim milk and you can make them fresh for cheaper than buying regular milk. They don't have as much protein however, animal protein is also linked to cancer so its something you'd want to avoid.
Would you please provide some non biased peer reviewed data on this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss