Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 08:08 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,662,426 times

Advertisements

My doctor told me it does not matter when you eat. You don't use the food you just ate at the time you eat it anyway. I am like the poster that suggested one sleeps better on an empty stomach.

Some health issues dictate that you stop eating at least three hours before you go to bed. Then other health issues dictate that you eat right before bed in order to keep the blood sugar level. Everybody is different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 04:18 AM

4 posts, read 2,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
My doctor told me it does not matter when you eat. You don't use the food you just ate at the time you eat it anyway. I am like the poster that suggested one sleeps better on an empty stomach.

Some health issues dictate that you stop eating at least three hours before you go to bed. Then other health issues dictate that you eat right before bed in order to keep the blood sugar level. Everybody is different.
i'm totally agree with you, "everybody is different"
like me, I lost 15.5 pounds in 3 week easily just use this method : tinyurl.com/c73nrnz

Old 08-10-2012, 06:26 AM

221 posts, read 484,805 times
Doesn't matter IMO especially if you're exercising often, you need that food. Sure, you shouldn't eat processed carbs late at night. But I personally eat protein and slow digestion foods so I have some energy stored for the night.

I can't sleep if I don't eat right before bed time and I eat about seven meals a day. It's a 24x7 process to maintain the body IMO.

Now if you're sedentary it's likely the foods you eat late at night and especially what you eat will dictate whether it'll get used or be stored as glycogen store if not turn into triglycerides.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:32 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,448,703 times
I have found that even though I am not a breakfast person, if I get my protein shake down in the morning, I have more energy and focus for the morning.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:28 AM

20,956 posts, read 28,491,085 times
If I eat after 8 pm I have trouble sleeping. Not sure why that is.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:12 AM

221 posts, read 484,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I have found that even though I am not a breakfast person, if I get my protein shake down in the morning, I have more energy and focus for the morning.
This is what I generally do with raw milk and some carbs.

But on training days I'll eat at least 40g of protein with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and other foods to slow digestion before bed time. If I don't eat I wake up middle of the night starving. Not good. I know some guys that will actually eat at 2AM everyday with protein shake next to their bed lol. That's a bit too much for me.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:58 PM

5 posts, read 4,242 times
All I know is that you should never never skip breakfast otherwise you will overeat later. Then, I read lots of articles/blogs that say don't eat after 7pm/8pm because you don't do any activity that would burn off those calories.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:58 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,099,822 times
I don't eat "breakfast" till about 11 am, and I don't eat my main dinner meal till about 8 pm. No matter - if I eat less, I lose weight, and if I eat more, I gain weight - no matter when I eat the food.

I've lost 14 pounds in about six weeks by the way. Eating whenever I am hungry and stopping when I am not hungry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss