Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 10:01 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,709,514 times

Advertisements

Beer or not that is just a normal weight fluctuation.

You should avoid all alcohol if you are focused on fat loss. It shuts off fat burning just like white sugar can and then you have to work through pulling down that blood sugar and then burn off any excess calories that came with that, plus carbohydrates retain more water in the body per gram than any other macro nutrient. Beer affects your ability to absorb nutrients and a well nourished body will tend to shed fat and keep fat off more easily. (best nutrition = best state of body)

Not all beers are created equal. Look into some healthier beers.

The good and bad:
Realbeer.com: Beer And Your Health

Talks about vitamin depletion and how the blood sugar crash can give you the munchies.

http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition...-the-body-good
Just more reading with a guide to finding your beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 08:37 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,791,358 times
I tend to react to the sulfites in beer and wine and they can make me swell up and are at times nasty for my allergies so when I drink at all, it's a mixed drink these days. Another thing about beer is that it's how they fatten up sumo wrestlers and kobe beef--it's given to stimulate their appetites. Nice thought eh?

Old 09-14-2012, 06:18 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,300 times
Here is my take on beer and diet/weight loss:

Back in April, I started bicycling about 4-5x per week for about 40-45 minutes each ride. Over time, I got up to the point where I was burning ~800 calories per ride. Do the math, that's about 4000 calories/week. However, as I ramped up my exercise, I also ramped up my alcohol intake. It was a nice treat after putting the kids to bed and watching a baseball game or something. I frosty cold one (or two) or maybe a goblet of wine.

I continued that type of workout for about 3 months. It was pretty routine. However, I lost 0 pounds. Even though 1-2 beers or a glass of wine is less calories than what I was burning, it was as the nearly daily intake of alcohol took my metabolism and stuck it in park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss