Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 12:17 PM

3,070 posts, read 5,230,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I had to reread this again,and the article,and now I'm more confused than ever.

If I eat 1,000 cal a day,I lose weight.
I ve actually lost 16 pounds from doing this,yet my body fat stayed the same according to the scale I use.

Wth?
You've probably lost some body fat, but you've also lost significant muscle and water weight from undereating - if you want to lose mostly fat, and only a bit of muscle and water weight, you eat at higher calories (ie. 1500-1600, if you are 5'4 130 like in this thread), lift weights, and take it SLOWLY.

That, and home body fat meters are terribly unreliable. DEXA is fairly accurate but that is done in a lab, not at home.

FWIW reading this old thread, I am 5'5 and 132lbs, and have no muffin top because I've been lifting weights for 10 years. It is not chunky at all, even girls who don't work out. Put down People Magazine. And no, I don't live in the south or even the USA where people's perception of obesity is off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 11:56 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,833,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
You've probably lost some body fat, but you've also lost significant muscle and water weight from undereating - if you want to lose mostly fat, and only a bit of muscle and water weight, you eat at higher calories (ie. 1500-1600, if you are 5'4 130 like in this thread), lift weights, and take it SLOWLY.

That, and home body fat meters are terribly unreliable. DEXA is fairly accurate but that is done in a lab, not at home.

FWIW reading this old thread, I am 5'5 and 132lbs, and have no muffin top because I've been lifting weights for 10 years. It is not chunky at all, even girls who don't work out. Put down People Magazine. And no, I don't live in the south or even the USA where people's perception of obesity is off
Proof?

I have also read that your body usees muscle as a last resort. So,if your body fat levels are 32% and your undereat,you still lose body fat until there is no more.

I do believe a muffin top is realted more to body type,rather than fat level.
Which is why me,at 210 pounds,don't have a muffin top. But I do have thunder thighs.
Meanwhile,my sister uas a muffin top,but toned thighs at 250.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss